Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much lol

+1

How much lol

I went to my local dealership thinking I will get my Honda Aquatrax FX12 serviced. Quoted me $350 + tax and extras. Came awawy with oil filter and oil lol. So no I need any advice help tips etc on how to service my baby. Not going to claim to be the best mechanic but I reckon I know enough for this not to be a challenge. I will also be asking in the Yamaha section same as I need to service that one also.so over to you and I look for we'd to the replies.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    I went to my local dealership thinking I will get my Honda Aquatrax FX12 serviced. Quoted me $350 + tax and extras. Came awawy with oil filter and oil lol. So no I need any advice help tips etc on how to service my baby. Not going to claim to be the best mechanic but I reckon I know enough for this not to be a challenge. I will also be asking in the Yamaha section same as I need to service that one also.so over to you and I look for we'd to the replies.

always flush your ski
    change oil and use Honda filter
    Always spray turbo and wastegate no matter how hard it is to get to
    check your air filter regularly
    fog cylinders if going to sit for a extended period

+1
    andy, i would assume you drain the oil the same way you do the yamaha, threw the oil dip stick with a vaccum evactuator. but i'm sure someone on here would know for sure

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    You need to buy an oil extractor. I use a manual pump one. Works great. On Honda's there is an oil plug on the back center bottom of the block. It is hard to get at or see but it is there. Be careful when you remove it to not drop it or lose the o-ring seal on it. This is where you need to take the oil from. The sump where you check oil level and fill it at is usually dry unless motor just ran. You can get only get about 2 qts. out there so do not bother. As John says above other skis you evacuate oil there but not on a Honda.
    Follow all the recommended lubrication points and timetables in your manual. The most important one is as Rick White says is lubing turbo/wastegate after every days riding.
    I'm no mechanic either but am able to maintain and service this ski. You should have no problem.

+1
    I've got the gear just need to find time. Only just cleaned after Sunday's awesome ride with big john and crew. After riding I spray dry lube all over the place, on turbo etc. can ask for a little more clarification on spraying waste gate and turbo.
    I have downloaded a manual so will look through it. I will clean and gap plugs. Any other parts to lube I may forget.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    I've got the gear just need to find time. Only just cleaned after Sunday's awesome ride with big john and crew. After riding I spray dry lube all over the place, on turbo etc. can ask for a little more clarification on spraying waste gate and turbo.
    I have downloaded a manual so will look through it. I will clean and gap plugs. Any other parts to lube I may forget.

Don't gap your plugs......there iridium and are not adjustable.......you will damage them........wastegate has a round cylinder with a rod going into the turbo housing.........KEEP THAT SPRAYED WITH CRC656 or Yamalube spray boeshield........dry shit won't work and is worthless........USE DAWN AND FLUSH TEE AND FLUSH AFTER EVERY RIDE

+1
    Thanks Rick

+1
    Honda's work best when driven in the water not on the grass lol. (just looking at your avatar)

+1
    Its a quad ski, you just cant see the wheels.

+1
    OK I have a little problem. Servicing ski from manual and decided to go all way through service. Great idea as I really feel I know my ski a lot better. So while doing all the strange bits in the book I checked the anodes. All good except one of them now leaks and I can fathom out why. I have picture here of the part if anybody can give me any suggestions. The little rubber gasket is in mint condition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anode 2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	291358
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anode.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	291359

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information