Kiwi spanner handler
    +1

2012 rxpx with vtec map pulling back rpms

Hi guys, having trouble with a stock class race boat not getting full rpm this ski ran strong then lost the map with buds reflash. It also started to loose rpm up top and since then have remapped with the map tuner but does the same with the stock or 8350 map. The ski seems to run strong off the mark pulling 8200-8250 but flat out pulls righ back to 7700rpm We have fitted a new intercooler as the old one had slight leak. but still the same tried both maps still the same strong but pulls the revs back. The ski used to run 8300-8350 flat out hooked up. Is it normal to see a large amount of condensation on the exterior of all the intake/intercooler hoses the air temp here is around 20 Celsius just never noticed that on other skis. Any insight welcomed as racing is on this weekend and need it sorted Cheers Jason....

+1
    The condensation on your intake pipe is normal, that means the intercooler is working well!
    If you did a buds update, you need the updated version of the tune for the newer version of buds you are using. Email Jonatan to get the updated one, it could also be a boost leak, check all your hoses mate!

Is there any chance your speed limiter got turned back on and you are simply hitting that speed limit?

Are the injectors going to 100% DC and now the bike is going fat or lean as it approaches this issue?

Is the fuel pump going south and not holding pressure?

Is there a RRFPR that lost the reference signal?

If there is no RRFPR, and are you just flat lean and running out of injector due to too little rail pressure?

What HP do you think you should be running and are you injectors large enough to support that sort of power?

Do you have a wideband on the bike?

Andy

+1
    agreed, email jonatan and get the updated tune for your new version of buds. if you dont get a response from them within a couple of days email them over and over till you do, i found that works best

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I'm not using a Vtech, but another similar tune and somehow my speed bypass issue was missed. The ski would lurch forward at 67mph and stay there. I reconnected the GPS bypass module and I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I'm not using a Vtech, but another similar tune and somehow my speed bypass issue was missed. The ski would lurch forward at 67mph and stay there. I reconnected the GPS bypass module and I'm good to go.
    Email me and i help you get a proper tune
    Since if they missed the speed limiter then they might have missed more stuff like boost limiter and so on...

email me your vin and i check what is going on [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    Hi guys, having trouble with a stock class race boat not getting full rpm this ski ran strong then lost the map with buds reflash. It also started to loose rpm up top and since then have remapped with the map tuner but does the same with the stock or 8350 map. The ski seems to run strong off the mark pulling 8200-8250 but flat out pulls righ back to 7700rpm We have fitted a new intercooler as the old one had slight leak. but still the same tried both maps still the same strong but pulls the revs back. The ski used to run 8300-8350 flat out hooked up. Is it normal to see a large amount of condensation on the exterior of all the intake/intercooler hoses the air temp here is around 20 Celsius just never noticed that on other skis. Any insight welcomed as racing is on this weekend and need it sorted Cheers Jason....

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    Will email form work today with the hull number. thanks

Thread Information