Thread: impellers

impellers

what is the best size and pitch impeller for a stock to slightly modded 1200 gpr?

+1
    A solas 13/19 should work well.

thanks, i read somewhere on here that the older gpr's will take the solas concord impeller, other's mention a set back impeller. i want one that will give me more top-end speed.
    what kind of speed gains could i see with a solas concord 13/19 or a 14/20? my ski is a 2k 1200 gpr.

+1
    Well it depends on which pump you have. The high output pumps accept the larger hub Dynafly props. Most likely, you are looking for a concord. What other mods do you have? Also, it would help to know what rpms you are turning. The 13/19 is a good overall prop.

i have the carbs rejetted and f/a installed, i did the drilled return on the fuel pumps. my motor is stock but i plan to have some work done to the jugs and buy new pistons and rings and get the crank trued and welded. i have the r&d intake grate and ride plate. i took the cat out and put in the d-plate. swiched over to premix. i have the stock 155mm pump but i want the right impeller to match the mods i am planning. i need a new blade anyway the old one is kind of nicked up. i will also get the stainless wear ring when i get the new blade. the motor is turning around 7100 by the tiny tach.

While you guys are chatting impellers.... is there any way to tell which impeller in on a ski without taking apart the pump?? Can you see numbers or anything with an inspection mirror? I got a 2001 GP1200R and the guy thought it had an impeller upgrade before he got it, but didn't know any specs.

Any tell-tale signs to look for?

+1
    The number should be stamped on the base at the widest part. If it was re-pitched, the numbers are usually engraved on the inside of the hub.

Thread Information