Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which oil for non-turbo F-12?

Hi all, getting ready to change the oil for the first time in my 07 non-turbo F-12. I have purchased the Honda oil filter and the West Marine 6.9L oil exchange pump. But which oil do all of you recommend? Rotella T6? Mobile 1? or give me your favorite one. Like to buy it at Wally Mart cuz of the cost, but not a deal breaker. Thx, Slo

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Any motorcycle oil is good......Honda GN oil is what is put in from factory.......JR in jax uses rotella......i used. Mobil 1 MX4 oil in my ski.......i now use Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil

+1
    I use the Honda oil the manual specifies. I checked cost of other premium oils and it wasn't much more to just get the Honda. But if you find out different please share.

Thanks Rick, I did notice that the Rotella T6 is a 5W-40. Is that a little thin on the 5W side or it really doesn't in light of water temps. at 55 deg. and below?

Thanks Sea-Donkey, is that Honda oil for marine engines or just the syn. for murdercycles? Is that the GN4?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Motorcycle oil is what honda GN is....... i run 5w40 rotella in all my cars......it should be fine

+1
    I Use AMSOIL Dominator

Dominatorģ Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50)
    AMSOIL Dominatorģ Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil (RD50) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Formulated to withstand the elevated RPM, high temperatures and shock-loading common to racing applications, Dominator Synthetic 15W-50 Racing Oil delivers superior performance and maximum protection in extreme conditions

+1
    I change the oil on several skis in the area and the motor with the highest hrs has used Castrol GTX since the first oil change (he wanted it). That ski now has 540hrs on it and has needed nothing other then normal maintance.

And this is what he sold me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6007.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	290620

Went to the Honda shop and told the guy I needed oil for my 2007 F-12 Aquatrax. He showed me a table of oils Honda recommends for each year. From 2007 and up he said Honda now recommends 10W-30 for all its super bikes and that is what he uses in his CBR1000R. I said I'll take 5 qrts. Gotta admit its kinda spendy, but he said its the best oil Honda has to offer. Anyway, its in the ski now. Glad I changed the oil cuz its was midnight black and had a Fram oil filter. I used a Honda oil filter and the recommended oil. The fella I bought it from said it was just serviced and now I know that was total BS. Removed darn near 5 qrts. and have added 4.5 qrts. and still just at the lower mark on the dip stick. Gonna check it in the morning then add if need be. Thx for all the input. Might try Amsoil next time if I can find it around here.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    GET THE AMSOIL ITS BETTER.......Honda is in the middle, amsoil, mobil 1 exceed the Honda oil though.......PUT 4QT in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information