Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Is the Mudbug a couch only event or do some bring other watercraft? Speed?

Are there stand ups or other vintage toys at the Mudbugs? Or are 2 strokes even allowed (I know banned in some WMA)?

And what speed are the group rides? I have a pair of non-turbo Hondas...so 60 is about it for me but I see most of you have 70+ mph water rockets. Or are Hondas even allowed? It's not a Yamaha/Seadoo exclusive party is it? If so I'll have to bring my Superjet...only Yammerha I got.

+1

Is the Mudbug a couch only event or do some bring other watercraft? Speed?

Bring any and everything you can.
    It's not about racing or flying through the waterways. It's mostly about hanging out, having a good time and exploring and sight seeing

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    Bring any and everything you can.
    It's not about racing or flying through the waterways. It's mostly about hanging out, having a good time and exploring and sight seeing
    +1
    We had a couple of guys in a Yamaha boat last year.

+1
    Your Wetbike would turn heads...

+1
    i took my 2stroke Yamaha jet boat last year only gets 58mhp and i was able to keep up with every one no problem on all the rides

+1
    Ha...I just might have to bring one. So 2 strokes fine I take it. How fast do yall normally run on the group rides?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Ha...I just might have to bring one. So 2 strokes fine I take it. How fast do yall normally run on the group rides?
    depends on which group you ride with

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    depends on which group you ride with
    +1, but really Wade. You guys will be comfortable regardless. It's really hard to not fit in with this group. Will there be racing - yes! But mostly call-outs and grudge matches. And think again if you're going to witness it - you'd have to be w/those guys (whomever) when it happens. The only thing official about MB is that the boiled crawfish at Gros' being they're certified "Louisiana" products. Oh, the heat, humidity, mosquitoes, gators... all authentic as well.

Whether I rode 1 day or 4 (some have done more), I've never had a bad time and always make it a point to shake hands w/someone on the forum I've never met.

You can visit Gros' here: https://www.facebook.com/grosmarina?fref=ts It's pretty much the daytime hub. Someone is always coming and going, and on a good year there will be upwards of 50+ skis parked here at lunch. Betcha there will likely be some live music, too: Cajun, Zydeco, C & W, to Rock... who knows...

Most folks will cruise all day doing the Lake Verret Loop w/variances off the main trail - 50 miles easy and never the same water twice. But there's plenty more to explore. You can also jump off into the Marsh or the central Spillway (over the levee) depending how adventurous you feel and depending on water levels. And water levels are usually the big concern, but us locals will give shout-outs to how that is going. Last year, of course, was a record flood, but a temp. wall was built south of MC and it became a "non-event" for the Belle side. In any case, I don't think there's been a ton of snow in the upper valley, but were still in the thick of winter.

C'mon down, I think you'll be glad you did.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    It's mostly about hanging out, having a good time and exploring and sight seeing
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    The only thing official about MB is that the boiled crawfish at Gros' being they're certified "Louisiana" products. Oh, the heat, humidity, mosquitoes, gators... all authentic as well.
    C'mon down, I think you'll be glad you did.
    Heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and gators...I'm used to all that in my backyard. Exploring, site seeing, and crawfish? I'm in. Where do I sign up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by littledart View Post
    i took my 2stroke Yamaha jet boat last year only gets 58mhp and i was able to keep up with every one no problem on all the rides
    Look forward to riding with you again Tosser! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information