View Poll Results: Do you have a membership to Boat US or Sea Tow?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boat US

6 85.71%
  • Sea Tow

1 14.29%
  • Both

0 0%
  • None

0 0%
    +1

Towing Insurance - Boat US vs. Sea Tow

I am looking to purchase tow insurance this year and was wondering which of these two come highly recommended by PWC users. I have read many reviews but most coming from boat owners and was wondering if they are just as helpful for us. I ride the south shore of Long Island and have both Boat US and Sea Tow ports close by.

Pricing is $149/yr for Boat US, and $169/yr for Sea Tow.

Any stories, experiences, recommendations are what I am looking for. Also be sure to participate in the above poll.

Thanks.

+1
    Bump either one better than the other?

+1
    I wouldn't mind knowing that myself also, I want it primarily for the older boat I bought last fall. I do know that talking to Sea Tow is that they cover all boats/pwc's that you own and since my 15F is entering the 6th season, having this might not be a bad idea all around. When I questioned Sea Tow about how far up the Raritan they go from the Sandy Hook location, they gave me the number of the local captain and suggest I call him direct. I have yet to do that but will soon.

I have towing reimbursement with my boat policy but am considering getting this also in case they will react faster to a member.

+1
    I decided to go with Boat US since a few of my riding buddies have it too. Just seemed convenient since almost all reviews rate them equally good. I also opted for the unlimited trailer assist for $14 because what the hell its $14 bucks.

+1
    Me too, talked to Sea Tow Sandy Hook and what a bunch of _______. I had trouble getting past the person who answers the phone, she insisted I could not talk to them unless I was a member and to call the membership office. Finally after 3 times explaining that I was told by the membership office to call them direct, she put the captain on. He wasn't much better, when asked about would he tow back to New Brunswick, he first says the bridges aren't high enough. After I tell him the US 1 and NJ TPK bridges are just as high as the GS Pkwy bridges, he then says the water is not deep enough which is wrong from where I launch from. I told the guy I wasn't interested and then called Boat US.

Boat US told me no problem what I wanted to do and when I called the local office in Atlantic Highlands, the captain said that would be no problem either. I'm signing up with them.

+1
    I use Boat US but in Coastal Ga when you call the dispatcher they will send the closest tow boat(either sea tow or Boat US). I know many people that have had to call them and none have ever had to wait more than an hr

Thread Information