Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Re-routing exhaust water line

Custom building rear exhaust. Not attaching the waterline from stock outlet. I know you can drill and add a fitting to dump it overboard. Question is, has anyone replaced the T from where this line comes from and just install a coupling and get rid of it all together? I guess the J-pipe would get some extra water that usually exits at the exhaust tip. Bad idea????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    Custom building rear exhaust. Not attaching the waterline from stock outlet. I know you can drill and add a fitting to dump it overboard. Question is, has anyone replaced the T from where this line comes from and just install a coupling and get rid of it all together? I guess the J-pipe would get some extra water that usually exits at the exhaust tip. Bad idea????
    bad idea.. How are you cooling this super hot piece of metal contained in a fiberglass shell cured with resin that likes to burn?

You can ditch one line. T into the 3/8 water bypass line that dumps out the rear pump area. It will attach to the bottom of the exhaust manifold. 08 only runs 1 cooling line anyway.

Unless your exhaust is hanging in air and dumping out below the rear seat and not touching the glass, turbo style

+1
    No you cant get rid of that setup all together,you can get rid of the "T" fitting and add a straight coupler to make it a straight line to the J-pipe...

+1
    Snoman, that's what what i meen. All the lines to the J-pipe would remain there. So it is safe to remove the the T, install a straight coupling and ditch this line all together then? Don't want to punch another hole in the hull if i don't have to. do you think the exhaust would run cooler with the added water?

+1
    Yes it is safe to remove that line with no issues....Many many guys have done it including myself on both my skis...Do i think the exhaust would run cooler???If it does it wont be by much,what i would be concerned with is the extra water going into your waterbox if it is a modded box...if it is stock then i wouldnt worry so much about it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Yes it is safe to remove that line with no issues....Many many guys have done it including myself on both my skis...Do i think the exhaust would run cooler???If it does it wont be by much,what i would be concerned with is the extra water going into your waterbox if it is a modded box...if it is stock then i wouldnt worry so much about it..
    Mark at Race Tech will be doing my J-pipe for an AFR gauge and was going to send him the box to do that mod also. How would the extra water be a problem? If I do go this root, should i keep the line and dump it overboard?

+1
    The stock waterbox has baffles in it to redirect water and exhaust,cut these out and the water has a harder time getting out under idle applications.....Me personaly???I like to dump the water overboard,this eliminate any issues that could occur with excess water in the box..stock or modded.

Excess water in the waterbox equals extra weigh,extra weight kills holeshot till blown out...the less water you have in the box,the better your hole shots will be...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Mark at Race Tech will be doing my J-pipe for an AFR gauge and was going to send him the box to do that mod also. How would the extra water be a problem? If I do go this root, should i keep the line and dump it overboard?
    There's already a line there for that man. It's called the BYPASS line. T into it so you don't have to drill the hull.

Don't place the O2 bung in the J-Pipe unless you like buying o2 sensors. Tap the manifold

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    There's already a line there for that man. It's called the BYPASS line. T into it so you don't have to drill the hull.

Don't place the O2 bung in the J-Pipe unless you like buying o2 sensors. Tap the manifold
    +1 on both..You can "T" into the line that comes off the top of the J pipe that goes out through the transom..IF you do this then I would do it as close to the transom as possible,that way it doesnt back feed into the J pipe...

And yes the exhaust manifold is the better of the 2 to install an 02 sensor...BUT with it not being an 08 or newer he has to be careful not to cut into the water jacket..I had a an 06 done and it took them 3 times before they got it right...

+1

Don't place the O2 bung in the J-Pipe unless you like buying o2 sensors. Tap the manifold[/QUOTE]

It's an 07 ski. Where do I tap the mani and does it need to be removed to do so(thinking yes do to shavings).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information