+1

XS Intercooler for 2008 rxpx

Hi guys i just joined Greenhulk and love everything about it
    I am interesting in buying a Fizzle XS Intercooler kit for my ski as my old one crapped itself and i was wondering if anyone out there has ever fitted one with out removing the OPAS as i dont really want to remove it..I already have a j-pipe that i can install..Also has anyone ever just bought the cooler and fitted in the origanal spot or somewhere near it.. U cant beat the price of this cooler kit and dont really want to spend the dollars for the riva one that replaces the original one.. I have had alook through all the forums but havent come across one that gives me the info i need.. Any help and info would be appreciated...

cheers guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutties View Post
    I am interesting in buying a Fizzle XS Intercooler kit for my ski as my old one crapped itself and i was wondering if anyone out there has ever fitted one with out removing the OPAS as i dont really want to remove it..I already have a j-pipe that i can install..Also has anyone ever just bought the cooler and fitted in the origanal spot or somewhere near it.. U cant beat the price of this cooler kit and dont really want to spend the dollars for the riva one that replaces the original one.. I have had alook through all the forums but havent come across one that gives me the info i need.. Any help and info would be appreciated...

cheers guys
    Welcome to the forum, always good to see another South Aussie here!
    The fizzle intercooler kit requires you to remove the resonator and replace it with the free flow pipe, but the stock exhaust exit and OPAS can be left untouched.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

In the past people have attempted to mount the Fizzle cooler in the stock location with not much success, you are far better off relocating the intercooler with the bracket provided.

I had the same issue as you a few years ago when my stock RXPX intercooler failed, I went with the Piranha kit (not available anymore), but also changed out to the rear exhaust and OPAS block-offs.

+1
    You dont need to use the J-pipe. It is going backwards from your exhaust set up. Just remove the plastic resonator from the exhaust and re connect the hose to the exit hose with a 90degree L 2.75 pipe. The just install the fizzle IC in your ski with a grocco filter.

+1
    Another option would be to keep a look out in the classifieds for a stock replacement intercooler.

+1
    Thanks guys u both have been a great help and im glad that i can keep some of the original stuff on the ski...

Ill order my kit now

cheers again

+1
    I have one one mine but I did the relocate at the same time basically. Save up and do it all at once if you can. Your hull will thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1314891698540.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	290858  

+1
    get rid of the OPAS! stuff slows you down and my buddy at RMS told me that hes had a couple boats come in because people have ripped off the flaps at the docks and started to leak water into their boats. Dont kill the messenger as this is what i was told! Just sounded to me like they are a whole lot more trouble then beneficial.

P.S.- make sure you go for the High Efficiency Fizzle set up i know i love mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP IC.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	290873

+1

cheers guys
    Thanks for your order Matt! Your intercooler setup is shipping today

+1
    Thanks guys for the info and i would have like to get the High Efficiency cooler but it was slightly out of my budget this time..

Thanks JFizzleJR

+1
    Thanks guys for the info and i would have like to get the High Efficiency cooler but it was slightly out of my budget this time..

Thanks JFizzleJR
    you can always upgrade it later i think fizzle makes a lil upgrade kit for later down the road when ur budget allows it!

Thread Information