Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Cool "Worlds smallest wakeboard boat. 787cc Rotax powered. *BUILD THREAD*"

So sometime early 2011 I was watching a show called "Auction Hunters" on TV. In one auction storage unit they won They found a mini boat. This was the first time I learned of the "Addictor". The model they found was a 190. At that point I HAD TO HAVE ONE. It was so cool to me. The fact they were made in the 1980's and I had never seen one. I had always loved boating but a boat was not realistic to me as I live in a big city, at that time in a small apartment with just an underground parking spot. The Addictor however was very realistic. Perfect match for me. Easy to store in a parking spot. Easy to take out by myself. Easy to clean. etc etc etc.

By June 2011 I had searched everyday and FINALLY stumbled upon an Addictor 333 (the biggest of the 3 models) that was just a few miles from me. Not many made it to the Midwest so I was very anxious to be the first person to see it. The guy had it listed for a startling $1700. This is SUPER cheap as most of these 333's were being listed in other areas of the US for over $4000 and $5000.

I make a visit but when I arrive the guy has the Motor Hood off and I can see he is working on something. I take a quick look over it and am in love with it. The boat is solid, the gel is a bit faded, minor surface rust on the trailer, but the motor was strong as was the structure of the hull. Only problem was the tilt & trim unit was not functioning.

After spending a half hour diagnosing it I determined it was a faulty relay (was corroded shut). I run to the auto parts store, get a new one, install it for him and sure enough it's working.

The guy was very ecstatic that I fixed his issue and by that time we had spent a good time conversing. He says to me "I tell ya what, I like you, appreciate your time and help, I'm going to give you a deal. I know you really like this boat and makes me feel good it's going to someone who will take great care of it. How about $1100 and it's yours!"

On June 11th I was driving my new boat home! I felt like I robbed the guy!

My Addictor is a 10' mini outboard boat that came from the factory with a 40hp outboard. When I bought this boat it would do 28mph on GPS, and took forever to get there. Even though it's a shorter boat, it's built very sturdy and the hull is actually pretty heavy for it's size.

This is what the boat looked like up until March 2012

I had been considering a big overhaul to my Addictor 333 since even before I bought it. I really want to create something different/unique. My concept was to convert this mini outboard boat into a jet boat using the engine and pump from a 1996 Seadoo XP (787cc Rotax - 110HP).

The Original Concept Rendering I designed

The Revised Concept (including new interior design, paint, and exterior graphics

And here is a sketch I drew up on the interior design.

Well I start crackin away on this project last March (2012) and this is where she sits today.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I am currently looking for a Aluminum Fabricator near Minneapolis, MN that can help with fabbing the waketower and swim platform. I am also debating making the interior framing out of aluminum instead of wood, but may do wood to save cost.

As you can see it doesnt look like my rendering yet. That means I have some work left to do before this Summer 2013! I can't wait to get it on the lake to show off my work. I am very proud of the outcome so far and this project has been very rewarding.

If you are interested there are more than 500 photos documenting this entire build that can be seen in my full build thread at Mini Boat Madness

Thanks for checking it out!
    Last edited by Lil Wake; 01-24-2013 at 11:46 AM.

+1
    Been following this build on PWC Today from the beginning great job. And welcome to the Hulk.

+1
    Very nice and different build. That must be a blast to drive. Good luck on finishing and enjoying the summer with it.

Banned User
    +1
    wheres the ballast and wake?

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    good work man! looks very clean

+1
    I can't wait to see you out with that... I will buy if you will pull me or take me for a ride... Perhaps we can exchange rides for a few minutes...

Ripper

i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1
    that looks great! such a clean install!

+1
    dude that is so one of a kind and sick!

+1
    Can't wait to enjoy it this summer. I got her running for the first time on November 9th and it was only like 35º outside so it was hardly enjoyable...ok ok it was a f***ing BLAST, but cold as HELL! Then I winterized it and am anxiously waiting for summer!

Here is the footage from the break-in run in November.

thatdude- well, see that empty area on the starboard side of the bilge? That's where my cooler of beer will go...AKA ballast. It's obviously not meant to throw a monster wake. The tower is simply for recreational purpose...ohh, and I had to have a spot to mount my bimini top and speakers

got boost & cracker- I spent a LOT of time planning things out and making sure everything had it's spot. I wanted the set up to look factory, like it could have come this way. All the finishing touches are still to come and I think it will take this boat to a new level.

RipNSki- What are you offering to buy? We for sure will have to meet up, maybe Minnetonka. That's a sick ski you have. Definitely wouldn't mind exchanging rides to bash some waves for a bit. How far are you from MPLS?

Boost-A-Holic- I wanted something original. Even before my work I was really intrigued by these boats. They are just so different from what you see everyday on the lake. It got a lot of attention the way it was. Can't wait to see peoples reactions now, haha.

I appreciate all the kind words.

Thanks!
    -Nick

+1
    Very cool.

so what speed will it do now on the first outing?

Would a 4 tech of fit in there?

A buddy of mine had one of the 190s. slow is christmas.
    Was pretty funny when getting tossed by wakes. lol

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information