RXP 04 Throttle Body Issue

I have an RXP and this season when I go to ride, usually after a week of storage, the throttle blade is stuck with salt residue.

I thoroughly was and oil my ski. After each ride .... This has not been a problem for last 5 years. We rarely ride in the surf and there hasn't been water intrusion into the ski... I has a riva 3inch intake.

I really don't like having tO clean this out each week removing the throttle body.

I'm at a loss as to where where this build up is coming from in such a short time and why there is no issues on the day I ride but after a few days the throttle is just stuck.

Any insight would be awesome....

Cheers

Chad

+1
    Do u run an external intercooler? If so could be leaking

If not your getting splashes inside the hull, and the Riva 3" is located under the seat when it drips from heavy wave action, or 360's

I take it off, and use some light sand paper to clean the Throttle body bore, and the outer edge of the blade real well, then lube the bearings with oil, and work it in real good. Usually lasts quite a while unless it is injesting water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Do u run an external intercooler? If so could be leaking

If not your getting splashes inside the hull, and the Riva 3" is located under the seat when it drips from heavy wave action, or 360's

I take it off, and use some light sand paper to clean the Throttle body bore, and the outer edge of the blade real well, then lube the bearings with oil, and work it in real good. Usually lasts quite a while unless it is injesting water.
    +1 to all of this but being an 04 and primarily riding in salt it could just be from the salt air and never lubing it (if not from a leaky external intercooler or gulping salt water).. The blade corrodes and sticks. You could sand it and lube it as mentioned above or get a new one. I have a absolute mint condition spare that I would be willing to sell if interested. Just shoot me a pm

+1
    yeah, i had the same issue with mine a few years back. sent it to Rossnemo and he bored it out and cleaned it up nicely. been fine ever since.

Thread Information