Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 8650 tune

8650 tune

Should i be expecting a boom under my seat (Due to maybe extra back pressure ) if am running a 8650 tune with a stock water box?

ps: i have upgraded the valve train to riva already.

+1
    No worries there even with stock waterbox, but install a Riva waterbox and let that thing breathe!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    No worries there even with stock waterbox, but install a Riva waterbox and let that thing breathe!
    does gutting and shortening the water box give you similar power gains or is that just more of a sound mod?

+1
    i ran an et race with 8900 tune on a stock waterbox, no issues just tighten the clamps

thank you.

one more question i got vtech tune for 8800 and 50s but i get readings of 15-17 on idle but give it gas and it becomes richer drops to 13-14 is this normal or i need a revised tune from vtech.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    one more question i got vtech tune for 8800 and 50s but i get readings of 15-17 on idle but give it gas and it becomes richer drops to 13-14 is this normal or i need a revised tune from vtech.

Not normal! If you have a newer ski with Bosch ecu then you MUST also use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. The variance of fuel pressures from ski to ski Is vast. One ski may have 45 psi, the other 50 and others be at 58 like they are supposed to be. So with that said, a reflash for one ski won't be the same for another. The only way to put them on common ground is to install a RRFPR and set
    It at static 58 psi. If you are running a supercharger upgrade then you will need to set it up as rising rate.

Also, I do not recommend modifying a stock Waterbox. The aluminum is thin and flimsy and the welds can crack over time. When this happens your ski can fill with water and it can sink. Go with the Riva Waterbox if you want a modded box and save yourself some grief, gain performance and enjoy the nice sound it makes

+1
    WAYYYY lean. Demand a new tune from Vtech. Be sure to give details on you're current set-up and goal AFR's. 13-14 Idle ~ 12ish @ wot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    WAYYYY lean. Demand a new tune from Vtech. Be sure to give details on you're current set-up and goal AFR's. 13-14 Idle ~ 12ish @ wot

Read my post above. His fuel pressure could be WAYYY low causing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    If you have a newer ski with Bosch ecu then you MUST also use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. The variance of fuel pressures from ski to ski Is vast. One ski may have 45 psi, the other 50 and others be at 58 like they are supposed to be.
    Demanding a new tune from V-Tech would be a "band aid" fix. This is also the reason we have seen some reflashes work so well for some skis and not others.

This is also the reason Riva will mandate the use of a RRFPR set at 58 PSI static pressure for those using their Athena ECU's.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    i did demand a new tune i have a riva regulator and tried all sort of psi from 40-65 and it was always lean on idle so tried a 42 tune they had also sent using my 50s and it worked fine running at 42psi so i guess something is wrong with the 50s tune they sent me 8850( all 3 of them 8350,8650 and 8850). i even had issues with the original 42s they sent me since they would trigger a check engine after the flash was 100%.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information