Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Stuck between a rock and a hard place :(

I'm writing to the greenhulk oracle to see if there is something to solve this issue...

09 gtx limited is
    et137 lite
    riva gen 3
    Supertechs valvetrain
    tdr waterbox
    1100 inj vtech
    vtech map
    e85 ffuel walbro pump

in this trim I had everything running fine with a leaky had gasket that wasn't too bad.
    Then the fly wheel bolts sheared so I had the engine out to fix and skimmed the head and replaced hg etc all at the same time...

fitted everything up and also fitted new wear ring and fitted a sante racing cavitation reduction cone on the tail.

went for a ride and everything was running great for 45 min..
    then I backed off from 100% throttle to 75% and the ski started slowing as expected, then it slowed even more a second later and I was like 'hang on I didn't do that'.... Found ski only revving to 6300 and psi 2.5.

took it home and removed sc, checked it all out did the clutch slip etc and it was fine... All piping fine aswell all clamps thru intake fine. Checked pump and tail cone. FFine

so put it all together and went riding this morning on a cold day, 6400 rpm max and 3psi of boost. -6.7 on idle... Checked my logs and these are in the ball park when running right.

anyway decided to hold throttle and after 5 secs at 6400 p0106 (manifold pressure sensor) comes up... Then disappears... Only comes up after 5 sec.

Im at my wits end with it, can a dodgy coil pack have no other symptoms but just low rpm? Spark plugs look good too... Full service 25 hrs ago.
    oil level good.

Can you point me in a direction to remedy this? I'd it possible a gasket blew out on the manifold? Or dodgy fuel? Or split manifold..?

at that rpm the TPS is 100%

Stumped... Really stumped

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    I'm writing to the greenhulk oracle to see if there is something to solve this issue...

09 gtx limited is
    et137 lite
    riva gen 3
    Supertechs valvetrain
    tdr waterbox
    1100 inj vtech
    vtech map
    e85 ffuel walbro pump

in this trim I had everything running fine with a leaky had gasket that wasn't too bad.
    Then the fly wheel bolts sheared so I had the engine out to fix and skimmed the head and replaced hg etc all at the same time...

fitted everything up and also fitted new wear ring and fitted a sante racing cavitation reduction cone on the tail.

went for a ride and everything was running great for 45 min..
    then I backed off from 100% throttle to 75% and the ski started slowing as expected, then it slowed even more a second later and I was like 'hang on I didn't do that'.... Found ski only revving to 6300 and psi 2.5.

took it home and removed sc, checked it all out did the clutch slip etc and it was fine... All piping fine aswell all clamps thru intake fine. Checked pump and tail cone. FFine

so put it all together and went riding this morning on a cold day, 6400 rpm max and 3psi of boost. -6.7 on idle... Checked my logs and these are in the ball park when running right.

anyway decided to hold throttle and after 5 secs at 6400 p0106 (manifold pressure sensor) comes up... Then disappears... Only comes up after 5 sec.

Im at my wits end with it, can a dodgy coil pack have no other symptoms but just low rpm? Spark plugs look good too... Full service 25 hrs ago.
    oil level good.

Can you point me in a direction to remedy this? I'd it possible a gasket blew out on the manifold? Or dodgy fuel? Or split manifold..?

at that rpm the TPS is 100%

Stumped... Really stumped
    Check your intake manifold real good. I have seen them split from chargers before.

+1
    I would check compression then cam timing. And yes a bad coil or plugs could cause it but it would show up on your logs. Hows the AFR log look.

+1
    Afr is rich at the max rpm like 12:1 , normally at that rpm I have around 14:1...

Comp is good, forgot to mention comp is exactly like before. 120 120 135.

I used 12.9 bolts new on cam but yes this has crossed my mind too... Cam went full advance?

+1
    Manifold, cam, check for rags in intercooler, what else could one check? Really appreciate the advice

+1
    Really sounds like a boost leak and or a split manifold. You HAVE to check really close.

+1
    Do you think I can make a plug for the sc charge pipe and pressurize the entire intake system with the intake valves closed?

I'm leaning towards your suggestion!

+1
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    Do you think I can make a plug for the sc charge pipe and pressurize the entire intake system with the intake valves closed?

I'm leaning towards your suggestion!

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Look at the porcelain on the spark plugs. "close" Make sure one is not broken or craked and sliding down and blocking the electrode gap.

+1
    Ok I'll report back.. Thanks guys, means a lot to me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information