Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Red face Bradenton rides on Sundays

Anyone down for Sunday rides in the Bradenton area? We can change ramp to ramp. Ill be headin out @ 1:30 from the Braden River boat ramp off sr64. If anyone wants to join.
    Txt or call me 941-five92-96four7
    Last edited by ThatTBSS; 01-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.

i'm interested, and can bring a couple of buddies w/me.. a coupe of 4 strokes and one xp.
    i'm not familiar with bradenton except twice riding in the gulf area, no rivers, can you describe the ride, which direction you travel, how far.... open water or river ? no wakes zones ?
    details details !!!

+1
    That'll be fun! I launch from the Braden River Boat ramp. Which is 4 miles West directly off SR.64 (exit 220b if your coming from the south) There's only one main NO WAKE and that's about 1/4 miles long. That's by the Green Bride and the Railroad tracks that cross. (Marine is close to the channel) this is getting towards the mouth....

Now back east on the river Once you get on the west side of I-75 (east of boat ramp) the river starts to open up wide. I like to go up river since its always calm, lots of curves and very scenic. Once I take a ride up there ill shoot back west towards the mouth of the river. Where we can shoot over to Tera ceia bay (short idel to no wake 1/3" miles) through the canal that pass's by Stinky Dave's bait shop.
    We could also cruise to Egmont key which is about 3 miles out from the river.
    Than we could also shoot over to to the inlet of Bradenton and Anna Maria island.
    There's also tons of great places to eat on the water.

Yesterday when I went out. I went to the mouth to see what was going on. It was a little choppy so I turned back around. Than I went up the Braden riden a tad just to explore. From there I went up river cause my buddy was dyin to ride so I went up near the Fort Hammer ramp n just B.S'd around till my friend met me at the marina at my work (Waterlefe Golf and river club). Then we road ALL the way out to the mouth to Emerson point. Just back n forth up the river. All spirited driving and had fuel left..
    Wooh

This was at Emerson Point

ok, i'm in, and I can bring 3 ski's total, sounds fun, will pm you some info and we'll proceed from there and then repost when we can schedule something in the next two weeks., its a 2 hour drive but we need a change in scenery down here in Ft Myers, and we like River Rides we have plenty of gulf access down here already.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spimothy Leary View Post
    ok, i'm in, and I can bring 3 ski's total, sounds fun, will pm you some info and we'll proceed from there and then repost when we can schedule something in the next two weeks., its a 2 hour drive but we need a change in scenery down here in Ft Myers, and we like River Rides we have plenty of gulf access down here already.
    Sounds good. I'm going to go out today and explore more trails. I'm going to go over to Tera ceia bay since there's mangrove trails that the fisherman use

if I read you right the ramp is at 3020 Manatee Avenue East Bradenton FL 34208

emailed ride buddies to set a date,

+1
    thats right

+1
    Take the "Secret Run". If the day is windy and the tide is high it is one of the best rides in all of Florida. BUT you will run most of the time in No Wake Zones. The area is not patrolled and just use common sense. There are few if any houses so nobody really cares. http://goo.gl/maps/SLly

BTW that little yellow star is my house. I can't go Sunday (Superbowl Party).

Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    Take the "Secret Run". If the day is windy and the tide is high it is one of the best rides in all of Florida. BUT you will run most of the time in No Wake Zones. The area is not patrolled and just use common sense. There are few if any houses so nobody really cares. http://goo.gl/maps/SLly

BTW that little yellow star is my house. I can't go Sunday (Superbowl Party).
    thanks vince ! I was about to post a question about this on the JJ/FB page, since I think its right in your back yard (confirmed now)

we're working out 3-4 schedules right now and planning on either feb 10, or feb 17th around 10am... it will be one of those two day's and we'll post it up.

+1
    FWIW, the Big & L'il M. trails (as well as others in that area of FL) are available for download at my site in sig. below. Have a great run...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information