Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Time to rethink things

Unfortunately, I just read that whole darn 13 page thread just below. I have something I want to say, and want others to chime in with positive thoughts.

I can't tell you how sad and disappointed all this makes me. My jetski hobby is an important part of my life, and I love scrolling through the forum each day. It's relaxing, entertaining, and informative. To see these things still going on is just a travesty.

The Riva forum went down the toilet because of incessant bickering, posturing, and flat out meanness. I will be the first to admit that I engaged in all of that, so I am partly to blame. But I would hope that we had all learned a lesson from that and would try not to repeat those same mistakes.

I am (and have been) a part of many different forums. Mustangs, Corvettes, Lightnings, etc. All of them with the same potential for competitiveness as this forum. But for some reason, these jetski forums always seem to have so much more outright hostility. I truly don't know why.

I enjoy working on my ski, riding, and the people I've met through this hobby. Although I've never met them, I feel like Hydrotoys, SMW, and others are my friends. That's the other part of this hobby I like - participating in this forum.

But I have to say, if this is going to be a continuation of what happened a few years ago on the other forum, it just might make me rethink things. As I said, it's starting to be a big disappointment.

Now that I've said all this, I would like some of your thoughts. How can we make this forum a better place? Prevent things like this from happening? I, for one, made a promise to myself that when I joined this forum, I would never engage in rude behavior like I sometimes did on the Riva forum. Want to know what? I sure as heck did it when DMD came aboard. And I regret it. Since then, I've tried to be on my best behavior.

Well, that's it. Hope this gives you something to think about.

+1
    I dont see any way to control what got out of hand unless you didnt allow anyone to offer their services on the forum. If you did this it would be an impact on TJ, Carl, Jim, and others that are selling their services. I just named these three because all three have items in their shop at the moment that belong to me. This is not a bash against Fernando or Kerry. I have purchased parts from Fernando, and think he is a very nice guy and he answered all of the questions that I asked and didnt "beat around the bush" trying to hide anything. I havent purchased anything from Kerry YET, so I cant comment on the product, or personal dealings.
    I dont agree with a lot of things that happen on this forum but I just keep my opinion to myself when I dont agree with it. So I guess there is really no way to keep this kind of thing from happening.

Edit to add: I hope I addressed the correct subject. I am assuming that you are talking about the sh!t slinging that was going on about the "package" info.
    Last edited by jeffsntx; 02-16-2007 at 05:45 PM.

I think it partly has to do with people not knowing how to conduct their selves on an internet forum and the buying and selling of information.

This is my suggestion, take or leave it.

When thread like the one below happen ban the people involved for x amount of days. I don't care if they are the king of jet skis, banning and punishment needs to take place.

It would go like this.

First offense - Verbal and written warning via pms and thread. Locking of thread or deletion of posts.

Second offense - Mandatory 7 Day banning. Locking of thread or deletion of posts.

Third Offense - Month Ban. Locking of thread or deletion of posts.

Fourth and Final Offense - Permanent Ban. Locking of thread or deletion of posts.

If these measures were followed you wouldn't have people doing this for long. After the first time they were banned they would clean up there act or be banned for longer. If that didn't teach them they don't belong on our community. The banning of the fastest person is worth the good of the forum if needed.

And to maybe prevent such stupid displays such as the thread below we should do away with the buying and selling of information on this forum. If they want to buy and sell information do it privately.

Anyways, thats my suggestions. I think they would work. I have been a mod on a host of car related forums and there has to be rules when dealing with a mass of people.

AND NOTE

The buying and selling of

SERVICES

and

PARTS

would be just fine. Jim, Carl, Fercho, are the ones I have talked to on here dealing with parts and they are all very helpful.

+1
    Darn good ideas, Chris. That's the kind of info I was hoping to see.

It's simple! If people want to buy the Rocketman's package, then call him! Don't sell it on the internet! To defend Kerry without even knowing the man, he talks the talk, and walks the walk! When you are the king of the mountain, everyone is trying to push you off! As for his buddy Abbott, he is doing a great thing for everybody with taking his time to line up Mudbug shirts for EVERYONE who owns enjoys this liesure sport! I have respect for these guys and for all who is involved with in helping each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    It's simple! If people want to buy the Rocketman's package, then call him! Don't sell it on the internet! To defend Kerry without even knowing the man, he talks the talk, and walks the walk! When you are the king of the mountain, everyone is trying to push you off! As for his buddy Abbott, he is doing a great thing for everybody with taking his time to line up Mudbug shirts for EVERYONE who owns enjoys this liesure sport! I have respect for these guys and for all who is involved with in helping each other out.
    But its not about talking the talk or walking the walk. Kerry and the rest of the people I have seen arguing on here about stuff is just immature. It is simple. He is no better than the person trying to be faster if he is keeping a problem alive.

Kerry's package is supposed to be great. I have heard a lot of good things. Same thing with many other on this board.

In life there are morals.

Morals set laws.

On this forum there needs to be strict rules that apply to everyone, fast or slow. That right there will keep order and the problems to a minimum.

Banned User
    +1
    well to me its pretty simple live and let live I dont jump in other peoples sales deals ect. trying to build your self up at the expense of others is bad form and just makes for problems. It is a sidwize deal.
    Example if someone steps on your foot and says excues me and removes their foot no problem now lets say the laugh a little and push down harder. At some point you will need to take steps to remove their foot off of yours or suffer even more pain.
    And what would people think if I kept silent. Maybe that they were right in the false acucsations. I can only take so much bashing then I will fight back by what ever means nessary just like anyone else would do.
    Now maby some think it doesent matter who starts but it does.
    Leave me alone if my customers are unhappy then they should speak.
    The guise of a competior speaking for someone elses customers is a litte far fetched. Who is realy trying to benfite.
    my .2 c

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    But its not about talking the talk or walking the walk. Kerry and the rest of the people I have seen arguing on here about stuff is just immature. It is simple. He is no better than the person trying to be faster if he is keeping a problem alive.

Kerry's package is supposed to be great. I have heard a lot of good things. Same thing with many other on this board.

In life there are morals.

Morals set laws.

On this forum there needs to be strict rules that apply to everyone, fast or slow. That right there will keep order and the problems to a minimum.
    Agreed, Morals set laws. Please correct me if I am wrong, but between the pickering and defending, does this package or any other package offered help but bread on these families tables? For most of us, this is a recreational sport to enjoy on liesure time. When defamation of character is involved, I wonder if it effects the bottom line! Help a business grow and to provide for your love ones! I just feel bad and nothing positive comes out of these type of arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    well to me its pretty simple live and let live I dont jump in other peoples sales deals ect. trying to build your self up at the expense of others is bad form and just makes for problems. It is a sidwize deal.
    Example if someone steps on your foot and says excues me and removes their foot no problem now lets say the laugh a little and push down harder. At some point you will need to take steps to remove their foot off of yours or suffer even more pain.
    And what would people think if I kept silent. Maybe that they were right in the false acucsations. I can only take so much bashing then I will fight back by what ever means nessary just like anyone else would do.
    Now maby some think it doesent matter who starts but it does.
    Leave me alone if my customers are unhappy then they should speak.
    The guise of a competior speaking for someone elses customers is a litte far fetched. Who is realy trying to benfite.
    my .2 c
    Fighting back like you did just brings you to the level of the other person every time. It doesn't matter who started it. You guys where up for hours posting. There is 8 pages of it or so.

You won't see this on big popular forums like...

Supraforum.com
    LS1tech.com

ect...

Now to give you an analogy like you gave us.

You get in a fight in high school.

You didn't start the fight, not even close in fact.

You fought to protect your self (nothing wrong with such thing in my opinion)

Both you and the kid that started it would get suspended for the same amount of time.

Now, in the internet forum world your not protecting your life or well being. So there is absolutely no reason to draw such thing out that far. It is uncalled for.

Just food for though....

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information