Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy STGII $6500 to fix - Not Covered Under Warranty?!?!

Hey Guys,
    I have a Rxp with Riva stage 2. The ski was purchased from Riva brand new with the stage 2, installed by Riva. Purchased an extended 4 year warranty also at the same time. Been having problems with the ski, it has 16 hours on it. Took it in and was told the intercooler has a hole in it, and the engine has water in it. They found rust in the engine and the first cylinder has 95 psi. I was told since it was an aftermarket part that caused the problem itís not covered under warranty and Iím looking at around $6500 to fix !!!! What the hell good is the damn warranty!! Ski was properly maintained, I have all the receipts. I read over the warranty papers and it seems like it should be covered?!?! What would you guys do ?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks so much in advance,
    Colby

Do you ride in fresh or salt water?

+1
    Did you take it back to Riva?

This is the risk you take when modifying the motor of any boat or auto, even if you bought it like that.

Only ran in it saltwater , im down in naples, fl

sounds like the ski came with the stage II already installed. I would think Riva should repair this!? Why would the salesman take his money for warranty if he didn`t or couldn`t use the warranty in the event he needed it, like now???...PR...

Yes, i took it back to riva. The same dealer it was purchased from. It did come with the stage II

Dont judge me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Why would the salesman take his money for warranty if he didn`t or couldn`t use the warranty in the event he needed it, like now???...PR...
    to take his money!! like most sales men....

One of my good friends had the same riva IC leak water into his engine! Warranty wouldnt fix it!!!!! Now he is having an engine replaced at his cost Sorry to hear ya bad luck...Maybe ya could search for a used engine cost half that....

Look to see if there is a warranty on the intercooler it self. Some aftermarket product have warranties so if they brake they cover damages. Depends though...

Other than that if you bought the ski new, like that, with warranty and it looks like you are good in the paper work I would lawyer up.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Get a lawyer. Since you bought the machine "new" with these parts as a package and purchased a warranty no court is going to know the differences. Make sure Riva didn't have you sign something to the effect that you wouldn't hold Riva responsible for any damages caused by the aftermarket parts. Even if they did they may still be liable. Florida has laws that are geared toward protecting the customer. I personally don't think Seadoo should be responsible for any repairs, this all falls on Riva. This is the reason the only Riva part I will put on my ski is the grate. They have huge markups on all their parts and refuse to stand behind them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information