Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Intake question for seadoo

Hey guys I have a question I have a 08 rxpx and I put on my mates stock 2010 seadoo intake on as my old one wasn't good. Now I was looking into the top loader intake and I spoke to a seadoo dealer here in Australia and said the one I have already is a top loader intake grate. So I'm a little confused as I want to get a little more performance out of it and if a stock 2010 rxp is already a top loader intake I don't need to upgrade. The serial number on my old grate is the same as the one on my ski now so I'm finding it hard to believe the seadoo dealer.

Any info would be great

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutties View Post
    Hey guys I have a question I have a 08 rxpx and I put on my mates stock 2010 seadoo intake on as my old one wasn't good. Now I was looking into the top loader intake and I spoke to a seadoo dealer here in Australia and said the one I have already is a top loader intake grate. So I'm a little confused as I want to get a little more performance out of it and if a stock 2010 rxp is already a top loader intake I don't need to upgrade. The serial number on my old grate is the same as the one on my ski now so I'm finding it hard to believe the seadoo dealer.

Any info would be great
    Is the first intake your referring the air intake or intake manifold? either one would be perfectly fine, but I would recommend a 4" fizzle or rear air and removing the flame arrestor for better flow. As for the intake grate, your going to want the R&D for the rxpx ~> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=862

+1
    Oooppsss I have to apologise Got Boost I should have explained it better. I meant intake grate sorry.

+1
    no worries. just go with the r&d intake grate i posted above...you will be happy and faster

+1
    Hey Got Boost cheers for the info... I have decided to go with the R&D grate as the write up looks good..I have also already removed the falme arrestor and started getting parts for a 4" kit to be hooked up.. My charger is off and getting rebuilt as we speak so hopefully i will get good results when finished... I was only getting 7450 rpms out of my ski so hopefully that should pick up abit once all of the work is done.

Cheers for the help

+1
    sounds like your headed in the right direction! your rpms were low @ 7450...were your charger clutches slipping?

+1
    R&D intake grate is the way to go!! If your rpms were only 7450 before, something was wrong.... If having the charger rebuilt doesn't improve your rpm, try changing the spark plugs.

+1
    Well when my seadoo guru checked the slip it was at 76 before it started slipping so it was at the minimal he said. So hopefully that is the reason. My spark plugs are new but my wearing has done about 55-60 hours since being installed. My ski has done 236 hours as I ride it all the time but I do look after it. Hopefully the motor isn't the reason why it's doing that.
    But other than that I'm pretty keen to take it for a spin once my xs fizzle cooler is installed.

+1
    If that's 76nm, that is certainly way too low! Could well have been your issue! The XS intercooler will provide no gains over the stock intercooler, not sure why you were under the presumption it would..

+1
    Well I'm glad to hear that it could be the reason why it's not hitting the right rpm.
    I bought the xs fizzle cooler cause the stock standard one I had was faulty by the water cooler side eroded away internally and it ate a hole through the cooler. So I decided to replace it with the xs fizzle cooler kit plus it seemed to be better priced and better flow than getting another stock intercooler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information