Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Solas Impeller difference ???

    Hello,

    What is the difference between SRX and SRZ Solas Impeller ??

    Fix a SRX-CD 14/19 a 2012 RXP-X 260 ?

    I Think, this Impeller fix 2004 and up to 2013...

    But What is the difference between a SRX 14/19 and a SRZ 14/19 ?

    Best regards


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    The SRZ are machined to be set back a little further.
    Using an SRX in a 2009 or newer ski can cause a leak at the carbon seal and cause the ski to sink. Not in all cases though.

    With that said, it's important to use an SRZ impeller in 2009 and newer skis.

  3. #3
    So i Choose a SRX Impeller in my 2011 Seadoo RXP-X. No Problem. Why i dont can run in my 2012 boat ? It is the Same Pump ?

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,071
    +1
    790
    I believe they are set back 2mm Anyone know the true amount? Cause I have a 15-20 I may want to do this to instead of buying a new prop.

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-X 2011 View Post
    So i Choose a SRX Impeller in my 2011 Seadoo RXP-X. No Problem. Why i dont can run in my 2012 boat ? It is the Same Pump ?
    You don't want to run an SRX on a 2012 ski because it's possible it pushes the drive shaft forward causing a leak at the carbon seal.
    It won't do this in every ski, but there are many documented cases where this has happened therefore it's best to only use a SRZ impeller in your 2012 ski

  6. #6
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,071
    +1
    790
    Jerry I Have a Solas SRZ that was changed from Riva (Evans) It is eched a SRZ inside the hub. What is the setback? I measure 2MM is this correct? Just checking before I run it and also to do my 15-20. Thanks

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Jerry I Have a Solas SRZ that was changed from Riva (Evans) It is eched a SRZ inside the hub. What is the setback? I measure 2MM is this correct? Just checking before I run it and also to do my 15-20. Thanks

    The setback on the SRZ impellers is .075" / 2mm

  8. #8
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    i did not know any of risks behind using the SRX before i ordered mine. its on the ski now should i take it back off and send it back for a SRZ? the boat is still winterized so i havent run it yet but we were gonna stick it in the test tank after we summarize it and make sure all is well. Is this something that either happens all the time or not at all, or could it just happen randomly? Is this leak something that an aftermarket bilge pump set up would keep under control?

    I have an 09 RXP. running an SRX 15/20R

  9. #9
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    i did not know any of risks behind using the SRX before i ordered mine. its on the ski now should i take it back off and send it back for a SRZ? the boat is still winterized so i havent run it yet but we were gonna stick it in the test tank after we summarize it and make sure all is well. Is this something that either happens all the time or not at all, or could it just happen randomly? Is this leak something that an aftermarket bilge pump set up would keep under control?

    I have an 09 RXP. running an SRX 15/20R


    See post #19 for pictures and info on the SRX, and both types of SRZ's. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=184177&page=2


  10. #10
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,378
    +1
    981
    Just to confuse things some more, the SRZ can be installed/used in a 2008 RXT-X if the hub is machined an additional .050".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What is the difference in Solas impeller
    By jcturbo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 06:52 PM
  2. Solas Impellers - Is there a Difference
    By Glade Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 03:48 PM
  3. Solas impeller question
    By Jeff C in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 11:41 PM
  4. For those of you with Solas impellers.............
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 07:49 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •