Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Deal or no Deal

  1. #1
    leejax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    1,161
    +1
    98

    Deal or no Deal

    Looking at driving to get a 2011 Yamaha FZS dealer leftover for 11.6 out the door. Has 0 hours and trailer. In the Florida market. Sounds good, fair or any better deals out there?


  2. #2
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,132
    +1
    821
    Seems decent. When I was looking back in August, they had a 2011 for $9,995+++, totaling about $12,300 OTD, and was the maroon color which I didnt want. Right now there are 2012 for $11,899 +++ available, for about a total of $14,550. So when you compare it to that seems worth it. Just depends what you want and if you are going to modify it. Which is why I went with a good used one with the parts I wanted and warranty for less.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 01-29-2013 at 01:37 PM.

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    thats less than i paid for my 2011 VXS, i paid $12k, tax, tag, title and trailer out the door

  5. #4
    leejax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    1,161
    +1
    98
    Just a stock ride I will prayerfully have 0 problems with or at least a warranty in worst case. Maybe a JetTrim seat cover as they ride much faster lol. For sure an intake grate though. Was actually looking for a used 40 hours or less SHO with warranty until I came across it.

  6. #5
    Qlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lake Quivira KS.& Punta Gorda FL.
    Posts
    66
    +1
    8
    I just purchased a new 2012 VXR with a 5 year extended warranty and factory cover for $10,300. out the door. I also got a new 2012 FX SHO Cruiser with 5 year warranty and factory cover for $11,267.00 out the door. Neither price includes sales tax.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,274
    +1
    81
    That is a good deal if its out the door with trailer. I looked all over the country before I bought a 40 hr 09. I am pleased cause I got lots of extras, but I probably would have bought the one you are looking at if I had seen it! Ditto on the seat, just bought a Jet trim for mine, the factory silver one is plain ugly in my opinion. The silver seems to stain real easy, and discolors like the rear trim pieces do.
    Buy it!! PS: What color?

  8. #7
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,548
    +1
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Looking at driving to get a 2011 Yamaha FZS dealer leftover for 11.6 out the door. Has 0 hours and trailer. In the Florida market. Sounds good, fair or any better deals out there?
    That's a fair price out the door; ask him if he can throw in the 5 year Y.E.S. warranty and then you'll be good to go. Dealers can discount those warranties and getting it as part of your sale package is often the most economical way to do it, as opposed to adding it later.

    Don't forget to add the R&D intake grate to avoid getting bucked.
    Last edited by YoYamma; 01-28-2013 at 09:53 PM.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    leejax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    1,161
    +1
    98
    Will do on the YES warranty. Qlake, your deals sounded awesome, but I don't like the 2012 plus FX SHO hulls, but that is a personal preference. Ill see where it goes. This should be the last ski for a while, so gotta make it count.

  11. #9
    64physhy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Weatherford, TX
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlake View Post
    I just purchased a new 2012 VXR with a 5 year extended warranty and factory cover for $10,300. out the door. I also got a new 2012 FX SHO Cruiser with 5 year warranty and factory cover for $11,267.00 out the door. Neither price includes sales tax.
    Out the door is with tax, fees, etc. it's the total price. Is there no tax where you bought them?

  12. #10
    Qlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lake Quivira KS.& Punta Gorda FL.
    Posts
    66
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlake View Post
    I just purchased a new 2012 VXR with a 5 year extended warranty and factory cover for $10,300. out the door. I also got a new 2012 FX SHO Cruiser with 5 year warranty and factory cover for $11,267.00 out the door. Neither price includes sales tax.
    Out the door is with tax, fees, etc. it's the total price. Is there no tax where you bought them?
    In Kansas you pay the tax at the DMV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. good deal or no?
    By FLArxp 850 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
  2. '03 msx 140...deal? or no deal?
    By fastexas in forum MSX/Matrix
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
  3. '94 SLT 750...deal or no?
    By Fish Man in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 09:46 AM
  4. deal or no deal 99 gp1200
    By addicted in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
  5. Deal or No Deal
    By 05gtxsc in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •