Exclamation 09 Ultra 260x low RPM Bogging problems after water in the hull

Hello Guys,

I have searched the site multiple times with no one having the exact problem I am having. I really need some help with this.

I had a drain plug come out wile riding and had water enter the hull. After sitting for some time, I started the ski up to leave and the seemed to sputter and not go above maybe 5mph. At that time, I started putting back towards the dock. While en-route to the dock, the ski started to "come back to life" and eventually went back to full power. After draining the hull I ordered another drain plug and went riding the next week. When starting from a stop the ski goes into bogging / putting and wont move and take off like it used to. It only does it for a second and then takes off like a bat out of hell.

Basically I took the ski to get winterized and had them change the plugs first. I have not had the ski back on the lake yet but I am expecting the ski will still do the "bogging and puttering" again. It acts like its retarding the engine and then lets loose. After that the ski runs perfect.

I really want to get this fixed for this season and this has been the best resource for help.

The only mods I have on the ski are a Riva exahust pipe ( not the waterbox ) and an R/D breather kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    how much water entered the hull?

did they change the oil?

i couldn't tell you exactly how much .. but it was a lot. It took forever to drain out. I m going to change the oil before I take it out this season.

+1
    if you havent had the ski back on the lake since changing the plugs my guess is it will be good to go. you more than likely had a sh it plug, its what they do.. unless your i/c and s/c have water laying in th ebottom of them

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    if you havent had the ski back on the lake since changing the plugs my guess is it will be good to go. you more than likely had a sh it plug, its what they do.. unless your i/c and s/c have water laying in th ebottom of them
    I sure hope so. They gave me the old plugs when they changed them but they looked ok to me ( not very dark or oily looking ) but im no expert. Guess if that didn't do the trick then Ill take the intercooler off and check it. Hopefully it didn't freeze over the winter if there was water in it. Would it be a possible sensor malfunction ?

Banned User
    +1

09 Ultra 260x low RPM Bogging problems after water in the hull

You can't visually inspect plugs to see if there bad. Your problem was likely bad plugs and the sc belt slipping due to all the water in the hull.

Thread Information