Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Installing Hydro-Turf seat cover on 08 FX

I ordered a hydro-turf seat cover ( model MWV-SHOST-CV-08 ) for my FX HO and it came with no instructions, any one has installed one of these ? is it ok if i just install it on top of the oem cover ? contacted Hydro-turf and their answer was " I would recommend taking this to a upholstery shop that specializes in pwc upholstery"

+1
    You should install it over the oem cover because the new one isn't waterproof and you will waterlog the foam of the seat otherwise. I always take mine in to get installed by an upholstery shop for mine but if you have a good staple gun with stainless steel staples you can do it yourself.

+1
    Here's a how to thread to do it yourself: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8572

It cost me $125 to have a local boat upholstery shop install mine over factory cover.

+1
    Thanks for quick reply, I have done seats on motorcycles before so i do have some experience and have the right tools but just wasn't sure what's best to remove or not remove the original oem cover. the original oem is in greate condition, no rips or wear.

Banned User
    +1
    If the original is good, go right over it. If its bad, like i had on my last seat, I put the whole seat inside a heavy duty garbage bag. Then I installed the cover and cut off the excess bag. The plastic from the bag compeltely wrapped and covered the foam to keep the water away from it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Here's a how to thread to do it yourself: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8572

It cost me $125 to have a local boat upholstery shop install mine over factory cover.
    Wow I never pay more than $60 to have mine done!

+1
    I just installed a Jettrim cover on my FZS, and although I am sure I could have done an ok job, I took it to a local trim shop guy who made it perfect and looks just like a factory install. These seats are big and have lots of contour, so I am happy with what I got for $100. Shoot, wouldn't want to mess up a seat cover that already cost close to $300.

8. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    I just installed a Jettrim cover on my FZS, and although I am sure I could have done an ok job, I took it to a local trim shop guy who made it perfect and looks just like a factory install. These seats are big and have lots of contour, so I am happy with what I got for $100. Shoot, wouldn't want to mess up a seat cover that already cost close to $300.
    I have done it both ways. On a more complex install, especially with a seat cover that costs close to 300 bucks, I would take it to someone who is experienced. A relatively smooth and simple seat is an easy project however.

Could you post a pic of your new seat on your FZS? I would love to see how it looks.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FZS 029.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	291769
    I think mine was the FZS 7 model, but I changed the silver main section to dark gray to go with the gray on the boat better.

+1
    Attachment 291770
    Another view, I know that doesn't look like dark gray in the front, but you should see how bright the silver is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information