Jims modded Riva and R&D plates??

Hey guys I have a quick question to ask before I purchase 1 of the 2 (Riva ff mod or R&D ff mod). I looked around the forums to see if someone else had asked this but been having no luck. I have an 01 GP1200 and love to go fast. Real fast . It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any helpful info I should know about the plates before purchasing or hopefully a bit of experience out on the water with both plates. Thanks, Blake

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeC View Post
    Hey guys I have a quick question to ask before I purchase 1 of the 2 (Riva ff mod or R&D ff mod). I looked around the forums to see if someone else had asked this but been having no luck. I have an 01 GP1200 and love to go fast. Real fast . It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any helpful info I should know about the plates before purchasing or hopefully a bit of experience out on the water with both plates. Thanks, Blake
    Hello Blake both are going to be very fast plate, The difference is the R&D will handle better hope this info helps. Thank you, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hello Blake both are going to be very fast plate, The difference is the R&D will handle better hope this info helps. Thank you, Jim
    Hey Jim hows it going man? Yea it helps coming from the man himself haha. what kind of speed gains you think ill be looking at with the R&D plate installed? Thanks brotha I appreciate it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hey Jim hows it going man? Yea it helps coming from the man himself haha. what kind of speed gains you think ill be looking at with the R&D plate installed? Thanks brotha I appreciate it.
    From a stock factory plate to a modded r&d depends on set up you are looking at 4 plus mph.

Thanks man all is appreciated, ill be in touch to let you know how I like the plate. Take care man. Later

Thanks man all is appreciated, ill be in touch to let you know how I like the plate. Take care man. Later

+1
    I ran an R&D plate on my GPRXP and currently have a Riva on my GPRSHO. I can't say that I notice a difference in either handling wise.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    I ran an R&D plate on my GPRXP and currently have a Riva on my GPRSHO. I can't say that I notice a difference in either handling wise.
    Hello Jim the SHO conversion handle way better then a Seadoo conversion, the weight difference on the motors and the weight is more forward with the sho motor.

+1
    Get either plate from Jim and you will go faster...no kidding. Pay careful attention to his instructions on shimming and what conditions you ride in...bottom line, the Jim plate will make you faster.

10. +1 by:

N8R

Thread Information