Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Launch ramps on Virginia East. Shore?

I live in Ocean City Maryland and have been looking at Virginia's eastern shore... it looks sweet, lots of inlets and back bays and looks like a lot of islands... has anyone riden here? let me know, I also want to find some boat ramps near Wachapreague, Willis Wharf, Nassawadox, or Machipongo... please let know know if you know of any good spots to ride or any nearby boat ramps, looking to make some day trips out of it! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RXXteamtimebomb View Post
    I live in Ocean City Maryland and have been looking at Virginia's eastern shore... it looks sweet, lots of inlets and back bays and looks like a lot of islands... has anyone riden here? let me know, I also want to find some boat ramps near Wachapreague, Willis Wharf, Nassawadox, or Machipongo... please let know know if you know of any good spots to ride or any nearby boat ramps, looking to make some day trips out of it! thanks!
    pm me about riding.....i'd like to skiing in O.C....and VA shore

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXXteamtimebomb View Post
    Lucky you It takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get there from northern DE
    Do you like jumping at the shoal?
    There is a group at VA beach that should know that area well www.wavejunkies .com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Lucky you It takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get there from northern DE
    Do you like jumping at the shoal?
    There is a group at VA beach that should know that area well www.wavejunkies .com
    I put my ski in the water and head right for the shoal! or just stay in the inlet... which ever has larger waves that day... havent been out yet on the new ski, havent even gotten a chance to start her yet, but i hope she can handle it!... pet, you will have to get up with me and rxpblast this summer to ride!

Just a suggestion but you might want to do a post in the southeast section. Most Virginian's consider VA to be in the south.

ok ..here is some photos with wavejunkes from last year 150 miles run from VA Beach to NC ...... http://mold-no-more.com/OregonChallenge2006/ there are cool guys....i am going wit themm this year year to...

RXXteamtimebomb...i am up for it. fiew weeks i am going to OC..i'll pm you

+1
    that seems like an awesome trip... i was looking more at the area right over the VA line from Maryland... around Assateague Island... above VA beach

oh ok...we could set up a day/time when we'll ride around there....

sometime this year i will do a big trip on the Potomac River from Washington DC to as far as i can go in one day...and back. i think thet would be around 300miles. many gas station on the way.

+1
    i'd love to do a long trip... my ski is a 2001 brand new... havent even started it yet... i dunno if i want to take her on any trips just yet, but i will be riding around OC once it gets warm and i'm here all year... i would like to look into the VA shore, right under Assateague, looks like theres a lot of inlets and places to jump some swells/waves, and i've never been there, looks interesting

i never ski'd in VA but i have been to wallops island on trips and also to go wishing in VA.......its def sweet and very "old school southern" i am talking about the area around chincoteague

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information