+1

OT: XPL HELP!!!!!

sorry for bein off topic but sdn is down, i got a 00 xpl with a mpem problem, whenever i plug the lanyard in the 5 amp mpem fuse blows, this happened awhile back on the water and i had to put a 30 amp fuse in it to keep it running to get it back to dock, so that mpem is fried, i have a new mpem but the fuse still blows as soon as i plug the lanyard in, ....no beep no nothin, and when i had the other ecu with the 30 amp fuse in it the guages didnt work and the raves didnt open, i would appreciate any ideas or any similar problems if anyone can help,

thanks

evan

Re: OT: XPL HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp
    sorry for bein off topic but sdn is down, i got a 00 xpl with a mpem problem, whenever i plug the lanyard in the 5 amp mpem fuse blows, this happened awhile back on the water and i had to put a 30 amp fuse in it to keep it running to get it back to dock, so that mpem is fried, i have a new mpem but the fuse still blows as soon as i plug the lanyard in, ....no beep no nothin, and when i had the other ecu with the 30 amp fuse in it the guages didnt work and the raves didnt open, i would appreciate any ideas or any similar problems if anyone can help,

thanks

evan

I had the same issue this summer with my xpl that I bought for 1K, try and unplug the VTS in the back of the ski there are two plugs a large one and a small one. (i belive it was a 5 plug and a two plug conector). Replace your fuse and try again. I had to replace the VTS module and trim motor. I also had a bad mpem but the ski would run without the vts hooked up. no gauges, no vts, no beep from the lanyard, but the ski would startup and run. I have since replaced everything and the ski runs great, look on ebay for parts I now have 1500 in a 62mph 99 xpl.

+1
    so when you have that bigass vts plug unplugged did your guages work at all when you got your new mpem?? thanks for the info it sounds like i have that problem because the day before this happened teh trim quit working

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    check your grounds as well.
    a bad ground wire in my 98 caused mad havoic in my mpem kept blowing different fuses. replace 2 grounds and all was well.
    look for water or condinsation in your vts and coil box also.
    then check to make sure your buttons are not ripped or messed up.
    last try unpluging the gauges and see if the fuse still blows.
    never use a bigger fuse-theres sized for a reason

Thread Information