Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I am gathering what I need for a GPR/FXHO 1.8 conversion. Need List of parts to find.

I own Seadoo Yamaha PWC salvage company and want to do a conversion on a perfect 2001 GP1200R I have been hanging on to.
    The donor machine is a 2009 FXHO with a storm damaged hull. All mechanicals are perfect.
    I can use some help identifying which parts to start collecting.
    I have read a few posts on builds using the SHO setup and have seen that the intake grate they are using is a SS800 or SS1200. What is that? Stainless steel? Is that an aftermarket item? Will I need one with only 180hp?
    Ride plate?
    Fuel tank? I tanks from the 03-08 gp1300r models so that should fit the fuel pump. Or do I use the stock FXHO tank with the higher fuel capacity?
    What would be a good choice for an impeller? The stock FXHO?
    I do have the 3" pump extension that someone said I will need.
    Hull ventilation?
    Exhaust parts?
    What I want from this ski is great holeshots and enough speed to beat the stock SC models. The most important thing I want is reliability.
    If someone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate any advise one which parts to gather.
    As of right now I have
    GP1300R blue Riva exhaust hose
    Riva extended ride plate
    R&D extended ride plate
    Riva Intake grate
    R&D intake grate
    Riva Sponsons
    All stock parts from every GP800r 1200rand 1300r made

While collecting what I need I will be truing the hull. Is there a pro I should get in touch with in regards to setting up the hull? BTW I am on Long Island.

+1
    First off go over to the yamaha section and read up on the GPR hull.

Secondly I did the same conversion you are talking about. You need EVERYTHING out of the FXHO. I even used the reverse. Look at my build thread on my GPRHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    First off go over to the yamaha section and read up on the GPR hull.

Secondly I did the same conversion you are talking about. You need EVERYTHING out of the FXHO. I even used the reverse. Look at my build thread on my GPRHO.
    Thanks for the quick response. The hull is where I plan to start. In the meantime I want to gather parts. I will check your build out.

Kurt

I just searched GPRHO and the only post it shows you were a poster in is mine. Can you give me a different search word or a link?

Last edited by pjv911; 02-03-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: double post

Found your post it was GPRFX. Anyways there isn't any build info in that post. I also have the 1.8 liter engine and it appears that things will be different between the two builds. What are your final performance figures? Did you get a taller prop?
    Anyone else have any answers?

+1
    i believe that with just everything out o fthe fxho in the gpr, you should be whipping stock sc yamahas with ease, matter of fact, prob most skis except for a few select heavily modded machines, and from i have heard, the fxho pump should fit in without a extension, only one way to find it is to start fitting parts in the gpr hull !!!

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    i believe that with just everything out o fthe fxho in the gpr, you should be whipping stock sc yamahas with ease, matter of fact, prob most skis except for a few select heavily modded machines, and from i have heard, the fxho pump should fit in without a extension, only one way to find it is to start fitting parts in the gpr hull !!!
    That is good news to hear. I will be starting on it within the next few days. Only 3 months left to have it ready for the start of our ride season and its my first conversion.

lvnspeed, have you considered using the 1993-1995 Seadoo XP/SPX trim motor to operate your reverse? It would appear to be a perfect solution for reliability and fast reaction. Its basically a small electric motor and a gear driven cable.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information