Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Kawasaki 260x Handling Options.

Hi all.

Been checking out your forum and trying to work out how I can improve the handling of my 2010 model 260x.
    Currently have 75 hrs of riding on it. And would like to improve the handling of it. Was impressed with the 300, but still happy to keep mine.

Would changing the ride plate, getting new sponsons and maybe a new steering system with updating to a stronger steering cable be a good idea to do ?
    Maybe some feed back on which ones some of you have changed and an opinion on there performance.

+1
    how is a stronger steering cable going to improve handling? what exactly are you trying to achieve and what sort of riding do you do? this may help a little but at the end of the day the 260 will never be as nimble as the 300

+1
    Nicjak is correct that it won't be like the 300, but you can make a big improvement.

Tbm ride plate and sponsons. R&D grate. Tbm or farthing steering system to get you forward and tighten things up. Last but not least....a full tank if gas. Save your money on the cable lol

+1
    Stay away from the 1 degree wedge. I found out on mine that it helped a very little bit on top end but took away handling. I have the r and d ride plate and sponsons. They seemed to help pretty good when i ride on the smooth rivers but I do a lot of rough water riding so ill prolly end up getting the intake grate as well

+1

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    how is a stronger steering cable going to improve handling? what exactly are you trying to achieve and what sort of riding do you do? this may help a little but at the end of the day the 260 will never be as nimble as the 300
    Off shore riding mostly. I know that it won't be a 300, but at least a bit better in the handling. I thought if I was going to change the steering mechanism, and there was a recall on the cable, I thought I might change that in the process. Have had it checked. But get paranoid going out so far from land.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Stay away from the 1 degree wedge. I found out on mine that it helped a very little bit on top end but took away handling. I have the r and d ride plate and sponsons. They seemed to help pretty good when i ride on the smooth rivers but I do a lot of rough water riding so ill prolly end up getting the intake grate as well
    Was looking at r and d ride plate and sponsons. Also the riva. Do you think the intake grate will add some better handling to the ski ?

+1
    Being offshore riding mostly, you will have to find where you are happy with your speed and your hookup. You sacrifice one for the other. I would say R&D intake grate and ride plate. They are just like the ones for the 300 and they work well. Stay with stock sponsons.

Banned User
    +1

You still have not specified what aspect of handling you want to improve if you ride offshore don't change a thing less hook up worse handling. TBM plate will lift the nose decreasing hook up. Taller steering will help like the TBM or farthing only upgrade I'd do

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    You still have not specified what aspect of handling you want to improve if you ride offshore don't change a thing less hook up worse handling. TBM plate will lift the nose decreasing hook up. Taller steering will help like the TBM or farthing only upgrade I'd do
    Sure you are talking about the right plate? My TBM plate dropped the front end of my 250. Weird.

Banned User
    +1

TBM signature series yes it raises the nose similar to a wedge. Reduced hook up in flat to mod chop was good in really rough though.

Maybe you had the other plate ? Black I think. This one is grey.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information