Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

In tank fuel pump strainer / sock

Hey guys, Does anyone have a replacement part number for the in tank fuel pump strainer? I'm installing a new fuel pump and injectors and while I am at it thought I might as well clean out the inside of the tank (done) and replace the in tank fuel pump strainer, but of course there is no info to be found on this? I cant be the only one that wants to replace it with a new one.

Hey Gus, I tried a long time ago. Couldnt find one. I back flushed it with gas and it worked perfect. I couldnt believe how much gunk was in there. Looked like new when it was done.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Hey Gus, I tried a long time ago. Couldnt find one. I back flushed it with gas and it worked perfect. I couldnt believe how much gunk was in there. Looked like new when it was done.
    Ok, thats what I thought to do. Doesnt seem like there really is anything to it. Just seems like it stops boulders from getting into the fuel pump.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Hey guys, Does anyone have a replacement part number for the in tank fuel pump strainer? I'm installing a new fuel pump and injectors and while I am at it thought I might as well clean out the inside of the tank (done) and replace the in tank fuel pump strainer, but of course there is no info to be found on this? I cant be the only one that wants to replace it with a new one.
    Take the strainer and go to Advance they will match it up from a car pump, That's what i have done because Yamaha does not sell that separate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Take the strainer and go to Advance they will match it up from a car pump, That's what i have done because Yamaha does not sell that separate.
    Ok, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I'm sure they well love me for it. If not I'll clean it. It's not bad, but for the $5 for a new one, I'd just rather replace it.

+1
    Here is a picture of what it looks like. If anyone knows off hand what may work, please post up. I find it odd that fueling for these skis seems to be such a secret/mystery, from injectors, to fuel pumps, filters, etc. Or maybe it is just that people dont know? Either way, I just find it odd. In the SeaDoo world all of this information is readily available and very helpful for everyone. I will be certain to post up what I find, but so far I havent found anything close and I really don't want to use this one and cleaning it doesn't seem to be helping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130205_223528.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	291933  

+1
    you are not going to find a exact one they are not available you have to buy the whole pump, I have used many from Advance and auto zone that are close. That's why i said take it and match something up. It's been awhile but i think this is the one i used. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=981146_0_0_

Maybe go to auto zone or an advance with the old strainer give them the part number on there site and see how close it is. Like i said it's been awhile but i think that is the one i have used in the past.

+1
    the good 340 pump comes with a new sock when you purchase it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    even better.

+1
    you are not going to find a exact one they are not available you have to buy the whole pump, I have used many from Advance and auto zone that are close. That's why i said take it and match something up. It's been awhile but i think this is the one i used. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=981146_0_0_

Maybe go to auto zone or an advance with the old strainer give them the part number on there site and see how close it is. Like i said it's been awhile but i think that is the one i have used in the past.
    even better.
    As always, I greatly appreciate your input. You guys are an open book and always willing to share your knowledge on these skis. Both of you are class act!

Ok, I saw that one later on Jim and thought to compare the two.

This is great to know that the new Riva (Aeromotive 340 pump comes with one), didnt mention it in their info or install instructions.

Thanks again guys!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information