Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Athena ECU for sale or trade for an R3 reflash (FX SHO)

I am pleased with the speed the Athena ECU brings, however I don't like the fact that I can't use my cruise control or no wake mode, and these are features I use a lot. Riva says they will be making available a downloadable upgrade soon that will make these features work in a couple months, but we all know that could mean more time than that. Anyways, if there is anyone who would want to trade an R3 reflash from an FX SHO and cash for my Athena ECU let me know....and we can work out the details of the trade in PM. I will also be willing to sell the ECU if the price is fair...PM me if interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	athenag.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	445.8 KB 
ID:	292014
    Last edited by yamahamiamiski; 02-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    I am pleased with the speed the Athena ECU brings, however I don't like the fact that I can't use my cruise control or no wake mode, and these are features I use a lot. Riva says they will be making available a downloadable upgrade soon that will make these features work in a couple months, but we all know that could mean more time than that. Anyways, if there is anyone who would want to trade an R3 reflash and cash for my Athena ECU let me know....and we can work out the details of the trade in PM.
    Would you take an FZR R3?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Private_xpl View Post
    I am pleased with the speed the Athena ECU brings, however I don't like the fact that I can't use my cruise control or no wake mode, and these are features I use a lot. Riva says they will be making available a downloadable upgrade soon that will make these features work in a couple months, but we all know that could mean more time than that. Anyways, if there is anyone who would want to trade an R3 reflash and cash for my Athena ECU let me know....and we can work out the details of the trade in PM.
    The FZR ECU will work in the FX, but you would just get a check engine light/buzzer and have to press the reset button each time, but you can send it to R&D to have it setup for FX for about $150. I know from past experience.

+1

Re: Want to trade Athena ECU for R3 reflash

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    The FZR ECU will work in the FX, but you would just get a check engine light/buzzer and have to press the reset button each time, but you can send it to R&D to have it setup for FX for about $150. I know from past experience.
    Wouldn't he have the same issues with no cruise/wake mode with a FZR ecu?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Yes, that's why i stated sending it in to have it setup for the FX.

+1

Re: Want to trade Athena ECU for R3 reflash

Cool didn't know they could add that at R&D. That's why I was asking. Thanks for clarifying.

+1
    Right now I'm focused on doing a trade so I can recuperate my investment.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Cool didn't know they could add that at R&D. That's why I was asking. Thanks for clarifying.
    They will set it up were a SHO ecu will work with the check engine light not coming on when installed in a FZR-FZS. If you install a ecu from a FZR-FZS on a SHO you will not have wake mode and cruise control.

+1
    Right now I'm focused on doing a trade so I can recuperate my investment.
    I have an oem unflashed ECU for a FX-SHO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post

They will set it were the check engine light will not come on but the no wake mode and cruise control will not work.

Ah, glad Jim stepped in. Sorry for the confusion. I must have misunderstood them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information