Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Triton Elite vs LTWCI-T for small ski

I have a 1995 SeaDoo XP that needs a new trailer. Since the XP is much smaller and lighter than today's skis, I'm looking at the Tritons with the torsion axles to minimize the bumping when going down the road. Between the Elite and the LT, which will be better for my ski? Is the additional length of the Elite going to be way too big? Will the additional weight of the Elite help the ride? Will I even be able to adjust the bow roller far enough back (on either). I think the ski is only around 100in long and weighs around 400lbs.

Thanks in advance.

Banned User
    +1
    The torsion axle is a nicer riding trailer. I will be buying a new Triton double in the spring. The elite also uses stainless hardware and bolts, so those won't rust on you. If the cost isn't a concern, go for the elite. If its just for an XP the LXT would probably be adequate, unless you plan on buying something bigger in the future. I don't think you would go wrong with either choice, but to me the Elite has a few more things going for it.

http://tritontrailers.com/products/m...29&subcatid=41

I considered a spring axle trailer, but since most of my towing will involve stretches of 55-60mph (even local towing), I figured I might as well go for the torsion. Is my assumption incorrect that it will help with such a lightweight ski?

Price difference is around $250.

Banned User
    +1
    Im pretty sure it would help with any ski. Its an independent suspension as well. I like the elite for the stainless hardware and extra length. Makes a difference at shallow launch ramps.

Thanks for the input so far. My current trailer has 60" bunks. With the Elite having 72" bunks, will I be able to move the winch stand back far enough so that the ski can be positioned relatively close to end, or will I end up having to crank the ski way up on the bunks?

Banned User
    +1
    That I am not sure of

+1

Triton Elite vs LTWCI-T for small ski

Yes you can move the crank back on the elite. I am a Triton dealer actually and would steer you towards the LXT. You absolutely want the torsion. It pulls like a dream especially on a highway. The LXT can also hold a new larger ski. My business partner has a seadoo RXTX on a LXT and it fits perfectly.

+1
    I am a Triton dealer actually and would steer you towards the LXT. You absolutely want the torsion. It pulls like a dream especially on a highway. The LXT can also hold a new larger ski. My business partner has a seadoo RXTX on a LXT and it fits perfectly.
    something is wrong the LXT is the cheapest trailer triton makes I would not buy a LXT, if you have the room in the garage I would get the elite its extra lenght will alow room to add a box easily if you want one but cant go wrong with either

Banned User
    +1
    An LXT for a 400-500 pound ski is plenty. I wouldn't put a 800 or 900 pound ski on one though. There are better choices for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    Yes you can move the crank back on the elite. I am a Triton dealer actually and would steer you towards the LXT. You absolutely want the torsion. It pulls like a dream especially on a highway. The LXT can also hold a new larger ski. My business partner has a seadoo RXTX on a LXT and it fits perfectly.
    According to the website, the LXT is the cheapest trailer with spring axles. What am I missing?

Also, I'm aware that you can move the winch stand, but my question is how far? Can anyone with a single elite provide me a measurement from the bow roller when the winch stand is pushed as far back as possible, to the end of the bunks at the back of the trailer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information