Talking 2013 FZR/FZS seat experiences?

Hello,

I'm considering either a 2013 FZR or FZS and I'm really partial to the blue color, so I'm leaning towards this year's FZS

However, I had read that the 13' FZR has a different style of seat this year and was wondering if anyone has any experience riding the

13' FZR that would weigh in on how big of a deal the new seat is, or if the new back rest gets in the way while riding etc?

I know that there are minor differences in the seat layout, tow hook, rear seat etc. But aren't they essentially the same model otherwise?

+1
    I did notice the difference in the FZR seat, and I will say I didn't like the feel of that style seat on the FX Cruiser. The bolster is where I like to sit sometimes. The FZS however, has the same seat as before but with a two tone color.
    The boats are exactly the same other than the rear seat section, and now the front seat bolster, and the tow hook. (not to mention the 3 person rating)

+1
    You're prob. better off with FZS if you like the color better. You can always swap out the seat to the FZR seat. I'd imagine they're still interchangeable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahablue13 View Post

However, I had read that the 13' FZR has a different style of seat this year and was wondering if anyone has any experience riding the

13' FZR that would weigh in on how big of a deal the new seat is, or if the new back rest gets in the way while riding etc?
    The seat on the '13 FZR appears to be the same as on my '12 model and I like the design because it supports you better and it places you a little lower. I also have a '09 FZS which doesn't have any sculpting in the seat and sits higher and I don't like it as much. Without question I would buy the model that has the body color you like and you will adapt to either seat.

+1
    I like the seat on the fzs, but I've never tried the fzr. From the looks of it it seems like it could provide more back support. And the other factor that goes into this is, will you be riding by yourself or with people? The fzr seat is made for 2 people max vs. The 3 person fzs.

What I Really like is the new vxr seat!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    What I Really like is the new vxr seat!

New VXR seat colors are nice. I love the seat design itself personally. Comfortable, great support in chop or tight cornering, and I've had 2 girls on back comfortably. The ski handles different when riding 3 up but that has nothing to do with the seat.

I think the seat looks similar to the FZR seat in regards to the back support bump.

+1
    Speaking of the 2013 FZR seat check out this new seat cover
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2231

+1
    Can't give you a riding view but I sat on it at the boat show last weekend and I thought it was incredibly uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just a big guy but I wouldn't want to sit and do any turning in it, long straight rides could be ok though with that bit of back support. And of course it could feel completely different while actually riding as opposed to just trying to get a feel for it sitting on the display floor.

PS. I didn't feel comfortable in the cruiser seat on the FX or the VXR seat either so if you like those disregard my above opinion as you'll probably like the FZR seat as well...

+1
    Yep stunna I agree, it definitely does handle differenly depending on the amount of people.
    And it did look like there was back support on the fzr but is it as much as on the vxr?

And I really love that seat cover... it will look nice with the 2013 fzr colors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Speaking of the 2013 FZR seat check out this new seat cover
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2231
    That must be the Greenhulk edition! I like that custom CF seat you have... now thats a seat!

Thread Information