Thread: Rock On! Caesar

+1

Rock On! Caesar

Thank God for freezers. When the fishing is slow or I can't get out, there is always my Striper stash waiting to be thawed and cooked.

So luckily I caught a couple nice ones before the before the Virginia Striped Bass ocean catching came to a screeching halt.

I vacuum pack all my fish. Here are couple of pieces that I pulled out for tonight.

I cut the fillets into 2 inch chunks put them in a hot pan with a little virgin olive oil and liberally spread some Old Bay Blackening season on. Only took about 10 minutes to cook.

I sliced some Romaine lettuce, threw in a couple grape tomatoes. Then I broke some steamy chunks of blackened Rockfish (Striper) and put in in the mix with Caesar dressing and little shredded Romano. I also had a couple slices of bread that warmed up nicely in the oven. Another great easy meal!

Nice meal as usual

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    Thank God for freezers. When the fishing is slow or I can't get out, there is always my Striper stash waiting to be thawed and cooked.

So luckily I caught a couple nice ones before the before the Virginia Striped Bass ocean catching came to a screeching halt.

I vacuum pack all my fish. Here are couple of pieces that I pulled out for tonight.

I cut the fillets into 2 inch chunks put them in a hot pan with a little virgin olive oil and liberally spread some Old Bay Blackening season on. Only took about 10 minutes to cook.

I sliced some Romaine lettuce, threw in a couple grape tomatoes. Then I broke some steamy chunks of blackened Rockfish (Striper) and put in in the mix with Caesar dressing and little shredded Romano. I also had a couple slices of bread that warmed up nicely in the oven. Another great easy meal!

Brian.....always a pleasure to read your stories, gets me motivated to put some fish on the BBQ.

Just been on a five day live aboard spearfishing trip off mid coast and got some nice sized Spanish mackeral, coral trout, Cobia, etc...After reading your thread tonight I got into the kitchen..."no not barefoot".....anyway cooked some spanish chunks and mixed with a nice bowl of fettucinni pasta, with light touch of creamy garlic sauce on the side....awesome...

Will be out hunting the Wahoo (my favourtie) as soon as the bad weather subsides....

+1
    Sounds like a great week and meal to me. Wahoo are a blast. I will be heading to warmer waters next week.

+1
    Take plenty of pictures while you are away!

Thread Information