Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    J3ff

What's with all the honda hate on the net?

As I sit here with my honda hat and sweater on, I gotta wonder, why does it seem like SO MANY other ski owners just LOVE to bash the honda.

My ski has been called:

- Slow
    - Hybrid
    - A toy
    - etc.

It seems like alot of people who own other brands call the honda on ALL it's flaws. I don't get it.

Is it jealousy? (Why would they be jealous? they are faster etc...)

Are honda riders stuck up? --- I know I appreciate every ski out there... I loved riding shibbys thru hull monster, and my friends GP1300R, hell I even liked my friends gp800.

I just don't get it, I've seen people praise praise my ski in person, about how quiet it is, and what good gas it gets, and then come online and bash it.

What's the deal?!

+1
    The reason that I don't care for Honda PWC is the same reason I don't like Honda ATV's. They come out with something new and then they stick with it and don't innovate or change for a very long time.
    I work at a dealership that sells Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and BRP ATV's. Honestly, Honda is at the bottom now. They are reliable but they should be because they haven't changed. They are slow and do nothing to impress.
    BRP is relativly new to the game but have become the easiest to sell because they constantly improve and strive to be better. They own the performance end of ATV's right now and if they keep working at it they will remain there for quite some time.
    You have a nice ski but it is not for me. I am not a Honda fan.

J3ff
    Have you ever ridden an R12x?

+1
    Jeff,
    Boat Addict summed it up perfectly for me to. I've ridden all three models.

Here's the other thing. You are on a performance forum. I really don't see anyone doing anything for performance. Heck, I had to twist arms to get Honda riders to even TALK about top speed, acceleration, handling... and then they stopped as soon as they started. If Honda owners don't have anything positive to say about the craft, why should anyone else??? Now Honda has implemented this "Honda Only" rule for watercraft at dealerships... Honda's have all but dried up around here.

I'm glad you are here, and I wish ALL of the Honda riders would start modding their craft. I'm not talking some "over-the-top" pie in the sky crap with mystery results and hidden results. Personally, I think the Honda faithful that actually make a difference can be counted on one hand.

Uhhhhh, maybe the whole Honda group should spend some time in the Polaris camp and learn what it means to do something incredible with nothing. Those guys don't even have the factory to rely on anymore, and their results are staggering. They are an amazing bunch, that don't seem to care who says anything about their craft. They just keep getting faster.

Most Honda owners I've spoke with are concerned that water has built up in their foot wells, and their dockers are getting wet... I'm not kidding. This seems to be a major concern.

In 2008, Honda (all the manuf) have to step up emissions controls again. This very well could be the end for them, unless they are going to re-invest in the same lackluster program they have ran for a few years now. By the way, neither Honda nor Yamaha were at the WF's this year. That speaks VOLUMES about what either company thinks about a performance oriented craft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff View Post
    Have you ever ridden an R12x?
    Nope. Honda can't even be bothered to sell them up here.
    They couldn't even be bothered to bring them to their own full line show in Vegas last year. They had generators, lawnmowers, ATV's, bikes, and cars but no PWC. That doesn't leave a good impression.

J3ff
    The point is you diss the machine without ever riding it.

I'm not going to say "it's better than (insert your ski here)" but you really should ride one before you pass judgment on it.

No it's not the fastest.
    No it doesn't make much noise.
    No it really isn't that flashy.
    and no, it will probably never be king.

But it treats me well, with great gas mileage and rock hard reliability, and while sometimes I would rather have shibbys or vmans RXP/T .......... when I'm out there by myself, just relaxing......I do end up loving the honda i purchased.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    honda had a good 4wheeler the rincon, i was gonna buy one but now that i see the can-am 650 thats what i'm getting - hell i may even get the 800 but the honda's are to slow, the only thing i buy honda is a generator

+1
    I gotta say Jeff, when I first saw Honda at Havasu and talked with the reps and I liked what I saw. Problem was, everybody else had something faster and a little more modern looking. I always ask about Honda as I like the underdog, it just doesn't seem this underdog is ever going step up to the plate and become more competitive.
    I'm with what the others have stated here, Honda is just being to conservative and needs to make the changes that will catch the public. No change-no new customers.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    Nope. Honda can't even be bothered to sell them up here.
    They couldn't even be bothered to bring them to their own full line show in Vegas last year. They had generators, lawnmowers, ATV's, bikes, and cars but no PWC. That doesn't leave a good impression.
    generators, remember Y2K era, they sell pretty good, lawnmowers, grass always grows, can't stop them. ATV's, kids and grown-ups crazy about them, even grandma and grandpa. Motorcycles, they will buy that first over PWC! cars, well.....you answer that last one about Honda Cars..... just my thought. I asked my local Yamaha dealer, how come they don't keep in stock PWC's... 1 answer, there's no money in them. Not much of demand here!.....it's all about money!....it's about the Ying and the Yang?............ Peace! The smart bussiness man will not sell something that is not selling. That goes for the company too.......if you want to survive...........
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 02-20-2007 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    The reason that I don't care for Honda PWC is the same reason I don't like Honda ATV's. They come out with something new and then they stick with it and don't innovate or change for a very long time.
    I work at a dealership that sells Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and BRP ATV's. Honestly, Honda is at the bottom now. They are reliable but they should be because they haven't changed. They are slow and do nothing to impress.
    BRP is relativly new to the game but have become the easiest to sell because they constantly improve and strive to be better. They own the performance end of ATV's right now and if they keep working at it they will remain there for quite some time.
    You have a nice ski but it is not for me. I am not a Honda fan.
    AHHH, BOATADDICT, I think you should reread your post, "They are reliable (Honda) but they should be because they have'nt change". LOL that was the selling factor. why fix something that is not broken? "Reliable".... Hmmmmmm! should you be the fastest one in the water that is questionable if you can make it back home or you rather be slow and always have the piece of mind that you will make it back home..........all the time, because you have a "Reliable" PWC(HONDA)............just a thought? P S, I own an RXP 2004, No complains....just the way I read your post!
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 02-20-2007 at 03:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information