Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yay or Nay 2 x 2012 Kawasaki Supercharge 300LX

hi there, I'm thinking of buying 2 x 2012 Kawasaki Supercharge 300LX, only done around 9 hours. What are the pros and cons of the supercharge? also can the supercharge be removed?
    Also whats the maintenance Required on these supercharged beasts? i know the usual like flush out after every ride a fog them. what else?

cheers cody

+1
    I wouldnt fog them after every ride, but definitely flush every time. Theres not to much maintenance, and with only 9 hours you shouldn't have ty worry for a while. As far as superchargers, I'm not really to familiar with the ones on kawasakis. I know superchargers in general add a lot of power and acceleration but ive heard that they tend to be problematic.

A friend of mine has a 09 fzs and he's never had a problem with the supercharger. I'd say go for it... they're practically brand new and most likley still under warranty.

Banned User
    +1

Depends on price there wanting that will help to determine if its a good deal.
    300 sc is very good and basically zero maitnence. Can it be removed yes but would need be replaced ski won't run without it. If you follow the recommendations on this site for maintaining your ski you will have a ski that will last for a while. Just remember a 300x requires 91 octane min.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodie Love View Post
    hi there, I'm thinking of buying 2 x 2012 Kawasaki Supercharge 300LX, only done around 9 hours. What are the pros and cons of the supercharge? also can the supercharge be removed?
    Also whats the maintenance Required on these supercharged beasts? i know the usual like flush out after every ride a fog them. what else?

cheers cody
    I'm gonna go with a nay in Your case. No offense, but Imo I don't think the 300 is the right ski for the less experienced owner. Search around on here... lots of info on 300 maintenance. Search for stuff like exhaust filter, intercooler cleaning and valve clearance in particular.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Ride it, come home, flush it and fog it (yes, fog it after EVERY ride). My normal after ride maintenance is no different than any other ski.

You need to change the exhaust filter about every 50 hours or so (when it fails) and change the oil every 25 hours (by the book from memory). At 100 hours you need to replace pump bearings and get valve clearances checked. It's not hard or expensive.

Follow the owners manual, use the correct fuel, store it in an appropriate place and you'll be fine. I've got 130 hours on mine without anything major needing to be looked at.

Cheers, Mal.

Ok cheers, He wants $48k for both on a dual trailer. Also we only have Opal Premuim unleaded, will it work on that? and yes i'm a less experience owner, never had one before, but i own motorbikes and know how to do the maintenance stuff. Do you think it's better trying to get 2 yamaha 2008 VX cruisers?

Can i add Octain Booster to the fuel? as i live remote and only get 1 type of fuel.

+1
    Do you think it's better trying to get 2 yamaha 2008 VX cruisers?
    Probably, yes.

Banned User
    +1

Can i add Octain Booster to the fuel? as i live remote and only get 1 type of fuel.
    No. Bad idea.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    A VX and 300x are at totally different ends of the spectrum.

Really define what you what to do on them; the conditions you'll ride in, the type of riding you'll be doing and the "environment" you'll keep them in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information