Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

newbie rxt advice

hi all ive just bought a 2007 rxt 38 hours ive got about £1000 to spend on mods ( $1400 ish ) and want to know what mods you would recomend (if any ) i quite like the idea of adding vts and already have a good vts unit from a previous ski and i like the idea of adding the riva finger throttle as all my other skis have had the finger throttle on them also like the idea of upsetting the neighbours `with a straight through exhaust `are these good mods or should i be throwing my money elsewhere ????

+1
    SInce it is a 07 I would buy this. Here is the classifieds section. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191507 Yes, it will wrok on your 2007. Then get some retainers also. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...4ai09p1ulo04j7 then this IC. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983. Finish with a prop and a ET 127mm Drop in wheel.

A tad more than $1400, but it would change your ski to a all new monster.

+1
    Forget about thru hull exhaust at this stage...No reason to do so, it will only add noise and nothing more. From my point of view, it is quite embarassing to have a "loud" ski and be slower than a much quiter stock rxtx...! but then, this is my objective opinion and nothing more. i have a 2007 rxt as well...Firstly change your SC washers with metallic once if they are not changed so far except if you decide to do the following...For less the money you want to spend, you could buy an x wheel and modify the front housing in order to fit, or you could buy an x wheel and front housing, or an x charger and plug it in. No need to change prop, injectors etc etc and you will see great difference. Going a step further you could use 42 lbs injectors, 4" air filter and you will gain some more speed. Next step..external intercooler and then you will need a thru hull exhaust because you cant fit the IC (except if you buy OEM external IC) and rrfpr.. The finger throttle will give your thumb a rest ....it is much easier to use.. Hope i helped.
    I run x charger, 42s, air filter, stock prop. 67 mph gps 8100-8120 rpms- salt water use only

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    Forget about thru hull exhaust at this stage...No reason to do so, it will only add noise and nothing more. From my point of view, it is quite embarassing to have a "loud" ski and be slower than a much quiter stock rxtx...! but then, this is my objective opinion and nothing more. i have a 2007 rxt as well...Firstly change your SC washers with metallic once if they are not changed so far except if you decide to do the following...For less the money you want to spend, you could buy an x wheel and modify the front housing in order to fit, or you could buy an x wheel and front housing, or an x charger and plug it in. No need to change prop, injectors etc etc and you will see great difference. Going a step further you could use 42 lbs injectors, 4" air filter and you will gain some more speed. Next step..external intercooler and then you will need a thru hull exhaust because you cant fit the IC (except if you buy OEM external IC) and rrfpr.. The finger throttle will give your thumb a rest ....it is much easier to use.. Hope i helped.
    I run x charger, 42s, air filter, stock prop. 67 mph gps 8100-8120 rpms- salt water use only
    Sig- you're either all over the limiter...or somethings off.

S3SC, rear air, 14/19+2 plus all the freebie hull mods...72.7 @ 8050

What I'm trying to say...right now at 67 you're barely faster than I was when completely stock....and that shouldn't be the case with a bigger wheel and more fuel. Have you ever tried a taller prop or tweeked your oem prop?

scubasteve-

An Xwheel, 42's, DIY 4" air and a tweeked 14/19 should do you about right. Maybe a 15/20...some of the others will know fer sure. Would still suggest you do all the hull freebies and maybe a handling mod or two.

+1
    I like water4fires recommendation bang for the buck.
    Save your money for now and leave the exhaust stock exit.
    A 137 mm charger setup would be nice but will be well over 1400 setup right.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    SInce it is a 07 I would buy this. Here is the classifieds section. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191507 Yes, it will wrok on your 2007. Then get some retainers also. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...4ai09p1ulo04j7 then this IC. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983. Finish with a prop and a ET 127mm Drop in wheel.

A tad more than $1400, but it would change your ski to a all new monster.

+1
    The 67 mph ski with mods is running @ 5 mph slower than it should.
    Something is not right there..

Why not just keep your cash and ride it for a year then do mods..
    Take your time to enjoy the new machine.

Make sure your s/c has the metal washers or else your going to need more than $1400 to fix it if they break.

Modded skis tend to not last as long as stock and unless your really mechanicly inclined you can screw your ski up by doing mods wrong...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Sig- you're either all over the limiter...or somethings off.

S3SC, rear air, 14/19+2 plus all the freebie hull mods...72.7 @ 8050

What I'm trying to say...right now at 67 you're barely faster than I was when completely stock....and that shouldn't be the case with a bigger wheel and more fuel. Have you ever tried a taller prop or tweeked your oem prop?

scubasteve-

An Xwheel, 42's, DIY 4" air and a tweeked 14/19 should do you about right. Maybe a 15/20...some of the others will know fer sure. Would still suggest you do all the hull freebies and maybe a handling mod or two.
    You are correct about your point and is smt that i have searched a lot.. I really could not find a straight answer.. all i can say is that maybe running at salt water things might be different than using your ski at lake.. Couple of my friends have stock RXT's and as mine, the gps showed 63 mph more or less to both of them. All skis are in super condition and searched for any possible issues. With my mods i gained 4 miles top speed but waaaay better acceleration. Also, i am faster than a couple 2010 RXT-Xs, if this can give you a clue..My ski feels alot faster than stock RXT but gps shows 67. My ski is in excellent condition (prop, w-ring, hose, washers, etc etc). So, probably its the salt water..who knows...Speedo always showed 70 mph before and after the mods..haha
    Last edited by Sigmarxt; 02-08-2013 at 04:32 AM.

+1
    RXT and GTX ride around 64 stock at sea level. Without at least a X SC and ext IC the best you can hope for is about 69 without a cam or reflash. Sigma: Once you do all the free mods, remove opas you should be able to get 69mph. Add a torque plate and 70 is in reach.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    RXT and GTX ride around 64 stock at sea level. Without at least a X SC and ext IC the best you can hope for is about 69 without a cam or reflash. Sigma: Once you do all the free mods, remove opas you should be able to get 69mph. Add a torque plate and 70 is in reach.
    Imp0ster my next step is external IC, opas removal and thru hull exhust..i believe that i will see 70 mph..My only problem is the noise... I usually move around beaches with lot of people and i already "feel" that hating look i will get when arriving to a beach..haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Imp0ster my next step is external IC, opas removal and thru hull exhust..i believe that i will see 70 mph..My only problem is the noise... I usually move around beaches with lot of people and i already "feel" that hating look i will get when arriving to a beach..haha

-With an External IC and XSC 72 or 73 should be your speed with a 14/19+2. Anything past this on the RXT/GTX you're looking @ ECU mods and a large wheel

Then why you wanna do exhaust? With a rear exit 1" higher than the riva template, J-Pipe and gutted waterbox you could hear me before you saw me, about 1/4 mile away if it was a straight shot. I thought that was plenty loud. Now I'm running an A cam and TDR rear exit 2008+ style. Wonder what it will sound like

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information