Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Last Piece of Advice Needed

So far you guys have been a god send as far as info for me. This is where I'm at right now.

2009 FX SHO:
    FF Exhaust
    Riva Power Filter System
    Riva Intake Upgrade (Ribbon Delete)
    R&D Anticavitation Cone
    R&D Intake Grate
    Solas DynaFly 13/22R Impeller
    Leo's 2* Pump Wedge
    Riva Engine Breather Kit
    Pump and Transom Sealed

Now the only thing left is my Ride Plate decision. I've decided to send my stock plate to Jim so he can mod it. I want to buy another plate as well to be able to swap if I want. I've heard good things about the R&D plate but nothing about the Riva plate. If you put the 3 plates against each other (Jims stock modded, R&D, Riva) how do they compare ? Handling and speed ? I'm going to get Jims regardless, just wondering if there is any advantage to owning one of the others as well to be able to swap out. A buddy of mine said that a stock R&D plate is almost just as fast as Jims modded stock plate, but the modded stock plate will handle better. Then I've heard the Riva plate handles the best out of the 3 but it's last as far as speed goes....anyone with first hand knowledge shed some light on this for me please.

+1

Re: Last Piece of Advice Needed

The R&D if modified by Jim will be faster than the stock modified but the stock will handle better and only be about .5 mph slower. As far as the Riva I can not compare. I think most on here are running the stock modified one. It is longer than the R&D so there is less bounce.

+1
    Thanks, I might just save money on buying another plate and just run Jim's stock modded one all the time. I was just wondering because I was thinking about owning one for speed and one that I could switch to for riding rough water. But I'll stick with speed....lol

+1

Re: Last Piece of Advice Needed

I think his stock plate would be the best all around. For sure better in rough water than the R&D.

imo the riva is a shit plate to begin with and nearly everybody runs the modded stock.its only a few tenths slower,gives better handling,cheaper,and all around better.however since i ride mostly lakes and i preffer the r&d.the shorter r&d plate makes the ski super easy to toss and its alot of fun for the kind of riding i do.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I guess the first question is what type of conditions do you ride in? ie...Lake chop, smooth river, 3 to 6 footers offshore?
    Next is do you want a speed plate or a handling plate?
    The stock is best for choppy conditions but just so-so on speed. The R&D is better on speed, but not quite as good in the rough. Most guys that I've talked to like the R&D over the Riva.
    Jim will do a good job on the stock plate for you. If it was me, I'd wait and run that for a while. You may not want to get another one.

+1
    GET JIM TO MOD YOUR OEM PLATE AND SAVE THE MONEY YOU SPEND FOR A SECOND PLATE AND USE IT FOR OTHER MODS. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Thanks again guys, like I said I was planning on getting Jim to do my stock plate anyway, was just thinking about buying another one to swap out sometime. With my current mods listed in my original post and then adding Jim's modded stock plate, what do you think my top speed will be realistically. I ran 68mph stock, then dropped to 66mph when I did the FF Exhaust, intake and ribbon delete because I was on the limiter. So with that said and all the other mods I've added I'm hoping to get close to maybe 73mph....what do you guys think ?

lol ive never seen a sho do true 68 on gps stock maybe with both wind and current pushing you.heck riva stage 1 gets you barely 70 on a sho.there is a guy running around here with the exact same setup your looking to do stage 1 jims plate wedge cone only 71 on gps.if you wanna hit 73+ on a sho its going to take you lots of research or a bigger boost wheel.

+1
    Maybe I'm just lucky, but my GPS stock speed was 68, it was checked with 3 different riders and 2 different GPS units. Now after I did The FF Exhaust, Ribbon Delete and Air Intake my GPS speed dropped to 66 because I was on the limiter. Maybe I'll get lucky again and hit 72 or 73.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information