Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 fx sho hitting rev limiter help needed ASAP

Hi guys I have just bought a 2009 fx sho I have been told its had a modded exhaust and a different grate. The problem I have is I took it out today and struggled to hit 60 mph it kept bouncing off the rev limiter around 7700 ish revs it's pulled off like a train but lost top end!! Has anyone got any ideas what's causing it? Or what can I do to sort it? It's under warranty with the shop but I want it sorted ASAP so all help is needed if its a impeller I need what's the best one to buy? Thanks guys
    Last edited by darren 4tec; 02-08-2013 at 04:07 PM.

i dont think the waterbox alone would get you on the limiter usually on a near stock ski it would be very cold weather or messing with the intake side of the motor that will get you right on the limiter.does the ski make a popping noise when your wide open ? if it does a solas 13/22r should get you right off it and around 7550rpm.

Hi mate all I have been told is that it's got a modded exhaust and a different grate it was cold today but I struggled to hit 60 I could feel cavitation when I blipped the throttle? Could it be the impeller? Or what else could it be? Cheers

does the jetski have an intake ? if it doesnt you shouldnt be on the limiter.i was hitting 70mph still on the limiter so 60mph even on the limiter doesnt sound right.i think you may have damaged your impeller or caught something on the driveshaft.if the jetski doesnt have an intake pull out your intake grate and examine the driveshaft and impeller with a flashlight see whats going on.

+1
    were you on flat water? because if you were getting unhooked constantly you can't get up to max speed.

+1
    Maybe the grate is not sealed or installed right, that would allow cavitation and hitting the rev limiter before getting to top speed due to slippage.

+1

2009 fx sho hitting rev limiter help needed ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    Maybe the grate is not sealed or installed right, that would allow cavitation and hitting the rev limiter before getting to top speed due to slippage.
    Grate does not need to be sealed... And even my dog could not screw up that install

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Is the 60 MPH on the Dream O Meter or GPS?

i will have a look guys but if it had a grate and modded exhaust would it need a diffrent impeller? i just wanna work out so when i take the ski back i can what i want doing under warranty cheers guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by darren 4tec View Post
    i will have a look guys but if it had a grate and modded exhaust would it need a diffrent impeller? i just wanna work out so when i take the ski back i can what i want doing under warranty cheers guys
    Not unless the exhaust has a turbo on it

I bet you have impeller / pump damage...

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information