Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Looking to buy a new 2012 Ultra LX, how is this price?

Hey guys, I found two brand new 2012 models. Dealer wants $8,375 each plus tax and trailer.

What do you think about this price? I know it is a good price, but is it just an "ok" good price, or a "crazy, you better not pass that up" price?

Also, everything mechanical has an issue....what do you need to watch for on this model?

+1
    This model is as reliable as they come. I have an 07 and I still love that ski and I have a few others that are much faster in the toy box. IMO the best rec ski.

As far as the price my dealership has it for 7900 I think they told me. I know it was $7something. I think you have a little more room but you can always use that as dealing on the Extended warranty. I swear by having that on all my things. All it takes is one breakdown and it pays for itself. Just something simple that could require them to pull the engine and you have already saved money.

+1
    It does come with a one year. Tammi is offering a 3 year right now.

Do you know what the extended warranties cost generally?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    This model is as reliable as they come. I have an 07 and I still love that ski and I have a few others that are much faster in the toy box. IMO the best rec ski.

As far as the price my dealership has it for 7900 I think they told me. I know it was $7something. I think you have a little more room but you can always use that as dealing on the Extended warranty. I swear by having that on all my things. All it takes is one breakdown and it pays for itself. Just something simple that could require them to pull the engine and you have already saved money.
    What is your experience with warranty pricing?

what type of maint do these need?

+1
    Honestly this ski is almost idiot proof. It is a gas and go machine.
    If you are salt water riding you have to clean and flush it very well.
    Here is the link to the owners manual for the 2013 but they are all the same http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/sho...8&lang_code=EN Just click on maintenance and adjustments to the left and it will bring you to the guide of what is required and when.

The extended warranty cost I honestly do not remember.

+1
    Thanks for the link. I am going to call my dealer this AM for some prices and will post them.

I am also looking at a VXR for $9600 and it comes with a 3 year warranty already. I really like both machines and I realize that they are quite different.

+1
    The VXR is a fun fast ski with a low maintenance schedule also but yes COMPLETELY opposite machines. The VXR is a flat water one person machine.I have spent quite a good bit of time on one. The Ultra is more geared for a family ski because trust me cause I have done it, you can throw 3 adults on it and pull tubes with the kids behind. The huge fuel tank will let you ride all day. Storage is another way that the Ultra blows away the competition. You could throw a kid in there if they start acting up JUST KIDDING.
    Even the sea doo NA skis are good. All three brands have done a great job in the NA market. Just as in the SC market they each have their place.

Best of luck with you buying experience

8. +1 by:

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Well said LAsportsmn !!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Wow...I am really interested in your comments on the differences between the two machines. I am REALLY torn between the VXR and the Ultra LX. In fact, I have found one of each for essentially the same price and the same exact warranty. I have a Yammi dealer two miles from my house and a Kawa dealer 10 miles away...so, I consider that a wash.

I am surpised by your comment that you think the VXR is a one person ski. It is actually quite bulky and has fairly large hull and obviously has seats for three, but I do see what you mean by your comments on the Ultra.

My concerns on the Ultra are as follows:

- Is it too sluggish/slow? I know 52 is not exactly slow on the top-end, but I would really prefer something a little quicker. My current machine will git 50/52.

- Reliability. I really don't hear anything bad about the Kawa, but I have heard tons of positive reviews about the Yammis.

What I like about the Ultra:

1 - I actually like the styling, the storage, the large platform in the back with the foot rests, and the grab handles.

My concerns about the VXR:

1 - Concerned it might be too fast...though, both machines have learn modes.

2 - It is pretty stripped and simple (good and bad to that, I guess)

What I like about theVXR:

1 - Ability to go quick

2 - I really like the styling too

3 - I am more favorable to the Yamaha brand due to previous experience.

Bottom line, I don't view this choice as a simple thing. I think both would work, just want to make the right call. All of our boating is in fresh water on a river. We have lots of no wake zones to travel through and have plenty of cove areas that are calm and smooth to zip around, tubes, etc... Out on the open river, it can get choppy, but nowhere near like an ocean. I have teens and a wife who will want to use it too.

Our current machine is an SUV which is really large and stable. I would like something a bit more nimble and I am sure the LX is just that....as is the VXR.

Banned User
    +1

Looking to buy a new 2012 Ultra LX, how is this price?

Easy choice.
    Do you want the most storage ?
    Do you want the best rough water handling ?

If so get the ultra.

If those are not important buy the yam.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information