Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New Sea Doo Owner !!!

Just purchased a new to me Sea Doo! I got a 2003 Sea Doo GTX, with the 185 SuperCharged 4 Tec. I've wanted one the last few years, so it's finally nice to have the ski. I have to put the motor back in it, but I got it at a killer price. Not to mention it came on a Brand new Bandit trailer! I'm upgrading the washers in the Super Charger, putting new hydroturf mats on, and I'll be installing a seat cover. Anyone else have experience with this ski?

+1
    Can someone move this to General Discussion ?

+1
    i can probably give you some pointers lol.

+1
    Anything helps!

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats on the ski. Sounds like your doing the s/c washers already so you sould be good to go...add either a 4" front or rear intake, intake grate and prop. Thats a good start

+1
    At the moment the engine is dismantaled, anyone know where I can find good instructions on putting it back together? I'm planning on buying a service manuel. Not planning on modding it to heavily as I'm only 16 and 185 horses is enough Will probably add a intake grate + sponsons for handling. Right now it's my project ski. While the engine is out, I plan on doing a complete rebuild on the SC. I paid 1K for the ski/motor/trailer. Has 81 HRS on it. Hoping to have the project done for summer.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I dont want to discourage you but these engines are very meticulous to SPECS and Clearances and USE new BOLTS upon assembly buy a CD manual it helps but the detailed answers will be here on GH goodluck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    At the moment the engine is dismantaled, anyone know where I can find good instructions on putting it back together? I'm planning on buying a service manuel. Not planning on modding it to heavily as I'm only 16 and 185 horses is enough Will probably add a intake grate + sponsons for handling. Right now it's my project ski. While the engine is out, I plan on doing a complete rebuild on the SC. I paid 1K for the ski/motor/trailer. Has 81 HRS on it. Hoping to have the project done for summer.

Here is a link to the PDF Shop Manual. http://seadoomanuals.net/manuals/200...hop-manual.php

This should get you started but if you have never assembled or built a motor I would be extremely cautious. You will need to make sure everything is torqued to spec and the clearances fall inside the manufactor specifications. Im not telling you not to do it but just double, triple and quadruple check your work. Dont want to have to do it all over again!

Best of luck!

+1
    Thanks guys! I will have many people helping me with the project, and if I find it to challenging I'll take it to a shop to have it put back together. I'll buy a CD, and thanks for the PDF shop manual now I don't have to buy one. I got until May-June before I want to be on the water so hopefully that's enough time.

+1
    Finally ready to tackle this project on. What will I need to rebuild the engine? I'm taking the engine to a mechanic to have all the parts looked at and make sure they are good to go. Any idea how much a new key programmed to the ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information