Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1

Happy to be back - and liking the site already!!

Unless I'm going blind, I couldn't find a 'new member introduction' thread. Maybe its frowned upon? Oh well, here goes....

I hail from Jefferson City, MO and ride at Lake of the Ozarks, around the 3mm. Been a member since 2006, but mainly a lurker since in those days the Polaris boys stayed for the most part on other sites. I originally started with a 95 SLT750 and when motor blew I progressed to a 2000 PRO1200 (hence my screen name). Some of the Polaris guys might recognize me, I bought and sold a few parts, I recognize member TXPro1200 for one. Enjoyed the PRO alot, loved blowing doors off many unknowledgeable folks on LOTO ("WTF is that thing?" haha)

Fast forward to 2011 - I sold my PRO1200 to a guy from Iowa, and held the money for a season until in 2012 I found a 2001 GP1200R I couldn't pass up for the money, great deal. Well, not as great as I thought cause although I did everything I thought was right (premix, etc) a crank bearing disintegrated about 2 hours into my first real riding session. So a few months and bucks later, I now have a new powerplant in the boat and couldn't be happier.

So here I am, glad to be back, and very impressed with the GH site, lots of info to be had and seems like everyone is very friendly and helpful. Looking to tweak my machine for a few more HP/MPH (without sacrificing reliability of course), so I'll be asking some questions, hope you guys dont mind.

I'm sure I'm not telling anyone anything new, but the carbs on the 2001 GP1200R (and probably others of that era) suck in stock form. Here's a shout out to Art at Jetworks for his fine work rejetting/needle/seat and tweaking the accelerator pump for performance, my god what a difference he made on my machine in 2012. I'm also in process of adding the holeshot kit, looking forward to that 3-5 boatlength improvement on takeoff hehe.

PS I also own two Yamaha Superjets with my son, so I'll likely be chiming in when that topic comes up. I have been a longtime member of XH20, so I have some knowledge maybe I can share.

So, howdy, love the site, hope to make a valuable addition to it any way I can.

+1
    Welcome back...........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    Welcome back...........

+1..

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Thanks guys - I'm also going to be selling some various parts on the site too, Polaris and Yamaha types, oh and a Kawi crank from a motor I parted out a short while back. I'm perfect on ebay, same name, havent sold in a while though (bought a few items though).

Thread Information