Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672

    FrozenBoost Intercooler core

    Is anyone using these? I've used their HEs before with good results. If so what piping are you using with what model?


  2. #2
    Turbofab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Clearwater FL
    Posts
    330
    +1
    21
    Ive used there intercoolers in some drag cars with good results.

  3. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbofab View Post
    Ive used there intercoolers in some drag cars with good results.
    Same here in my GP. Never had a single leak and never noticed any boost loss. They make a unit that would fit on our skis. It's $300 but the cooling capacity of it would be untouchable.

  4. #4
    r33pwrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sammamish Washington
    Posts
    4,216
    +1
    360
    I just assumed these are what fizzle are using?

  5. #5
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I just assumed these are what fizzle are using?
    nope. Not unless he had them make it custom. Inlet/Outlet ports on the W2A that we could use are 3.5. I had a massive HE and phenolic IC from them running 10s with a 1.7 60 in a FWD car. Their stuff is good. I'm not into fabbing anymore because I'm busy/lazy but it might be worth it

  6. #6
    blackvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    west palm beach
    Posts
    520
    +1
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I just assumed these are what fizzle are using?
    nope. Not unless he had them make it custom. Inlet/Outlet ports on the W2A that we could use are 3.5. I had a massive HE and phenolic IC from them running 10s with a 1.7 60 in a FWD car. Their stuff is good. I'm not into fabbing anymore because I'm busy/lazy but it might be worth it
    what type of water setup did you run in your car? was it ice water? if so its a huge difference comparing to lake water. frozenboost cores have been tested here. there bout as good as a 100$ ebay core. you want the best buy a new fizzle ic or a garret 1000 core.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #7
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I just assumed these are what fizzle are using?
    nope. Not unless he had them make it custom. Inlet/Outlet ports on the W2A that we could use are 3.5. I had a massive HE and phenolic IC from them running 10s with a 1.7 60 in a FWD car. Their stuff is good. I'm not into fabbing anymore because I'm busy/lazy but it might be worth it
    what type of water setup did you run in your car? was it ice water? if so its a huge difference comparing to lake water. frozenboost cores have been tested here. there bout as good as a 100$ ebay core. you want the best buy a new fizzle ic or a garret 1000 core.
    I've never had bad luck with them but it was also static pressure from a Ford IC pump. Yes I ran a ice box in the rear but it wasn't in play most of the time. Also ran Devils Own 10GPH(twin 5gph in the LIM). I have plans to get a crotch rocket EFI N20 setup but first things first

  9. #8
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Ran 2 off the Frozen boost and no problems ...

  10. #9
    http://dnamotoring.com/store/index.p...tercooler.html

    or

    http://dnamotoring.com/store/index.p...2-5-inlet.html

    also ebay or google
    speed_daddy SDD-ITCL-WA-T2

    They sell even cheaper on ebay.

    Andy
    Last edited by whittlebeast; 02-16-2013 at 07:36 PM.

  11. #10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Intercooler cores
    By damo.r in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 07:40 AM
  2. FS Type 19 Frozenboost Intercooler w/ R&D BOV for FZS
    By ercBOOSTED in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
  3. WTB: R&D SHO Intercooler Core (stg 1)
    By BPnta in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 11:29 AM
  4. F/S: R&D SHO/FZ Stage 1 Intercooler CORE
    By SHOBiz in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM
  5. Liquid Intercooler Cores
    By ADSR in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •