sportster question

Looked at the 2007 sportster wake with 215 engine today. I sold 18 foot challenger last year with which I used to pull a 10 person banana boat along with other tubes. The challenger had a plate just underneath the jet which you could manually lower to stop the boat from bouncing and it actually kept the front end down quite nicely. I noticed the 2007 speedster had no such plate and was wondering if this was or could be and issue pulling skiers or just cruising.
    PS. I asked the salesman about the ceramic washer issues in the supercharger and he assured me this was an issue with owners who didn't take care of their boats.
    Thanks,
    Joe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sands View Post
    Looked at the 2007 sportster wake with 215 engine today. I sold 18 foot challenger last year with which I used to pull a 10 person banana boat along with other tubes. The challenger had a plate just underneath the jet which you could manually lower to stop the boat from bouncing and it actually kept the front end down quite nicely. I noticed the 2007 speedster had no such plate and was wondering if this was or could be and issue pulling skiers or just cruising.
    PS. I asked the salesman about the ceramic washer issues in the supercharger and he assured me this was an issue with owners who didn't take care of their boats.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    sands, ask the salesman if the supercharger has ceramic or updated metal washers, if it has ceramics then no matter how much care you take of your boat they may colapse at some point,

You have the ceramics. There is no metal clutchwashers in your motor. Weather you want to change them or not is up to you. I went with the metals. For safty's sake.

+1
    my washers went at 30 hours, took it back to the dealers they did the job but must not have got all the ceramics out, at 70hours it put the no 1 conrod out the side of the block, no warning at all, i now have a full new motor with metal washers.

From what I understant the washers are more of an issue on pwc's and not the boats.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    From what I understant the washers are more of an issue on pwc's and not the boats.
    that may be true, i think my washers went because i was hitting the revlimmiter all the time because of the sea swell, a was airborn most of the time, but i've studded a lot on this forum and it was a fault with superchargers that had the ceramics in, i would certainly change them knowing what i know now, hope this helps.

Thread Information