Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

RRFPR /02 Sensor Problems

After Installing the mods on my 05 RXT ( X-Charger, RRFPR, Fizzle I/C, 4" Intake, Bosch 42's, thru hull exhaust etc.) I started the ski and the reading on the fuel pressure gauge read 58 psi,the A/F gauge read 11.9 at idle and about 11.5 at mid. I raised the fuel pressure to 62 psi and the readings were bouncing between 11.9 and 12.1 at idle and about 11.7 at mid throttle. I realize that 60 psi is only a starting point but should I raise the fuel pressure more? My understanding is that I should be at 13 at idle and mid and mid to high 11's at full throttle. As far as the 02 sensor after running the ski for maybe 3-4 minutes I got a reading of htr while the ski was running and then the gauge went to error code E8 which come to find out is that the sensor is pretty much junk. I did replace the sensor with a Bosch at Auto Zone for $49.99, any idea what would cause the sensor to go that quick, is it connected to the A/F readings.. Anyone run into these issues? Thanks for any help

+1

It may not be the sensor. If you don't have a good power connection to the gauge it could have lost power for a sec. Anytime I have had a sensor go bad it was from water getting at it. Then the gauge would read crazy erratic numbers but not HTR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    After Installing the mods on my 05 RXT ( X-Charger, RRFPR, Fizzle I/C, 4" Intake, Bosch 42's, thru hull exhaust etc.) I started the ski and the reading on the fuel pressure gauge read 58 psi,the A/F gauge read 11.9 at idle and about 11.5 at mid. I raised the fuel pressure to 62 psi and the readings were bouncing between 11.9 and 12.1 at idle and about 11.7 at mid throttle. I realize that 60 psi is only a starting point but should I raise the fuel pressure more? My understanding is that I should be at 13 at idle and mid and mid to high 11's at full throttle. As far as the 02 sensor after running the ski for maybe 3-4 minutes I got a reading of htr while the ski was running and then the gauge went to error code E8 which come to find out is that the sensor is pretty much junk. I did replace the sensor with a Bosch at Auto Zone for $49.99, any idea what would cause the sensor to go that quick, is it connected to the A/F readings.. Anyone run into these issues? Thanks for any help
    You Cant adjust your RRFPR to adjust AFR's at idle. you will need either a rude controller or the new CMD.

Where do you have your O2 sensor installed?

+1
    if idle is about 11.9 then you need to lower the fuel pressure not raise it because 11s is rich, you want low 14s high 13s.... personally mine does better at 13.8-9

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    You Cant adjust your RRFPR to adjust AFR's at idle. you will need either a rude controller or the new CMD.

are you serious? you absolutely can i do it all the time... the RRFPR adjusts the base fuel pressure and it affects everything

try running your ski at idle and then adjust the fuel pressure and watch the AFRs move, come awn now...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post

are you serious? you absolutely can i do it all the time... the RRFPR adjusts the base fuel pressure and it affects everything

try running your ski at idle and then adjust the fuel pressure and watch the AFRs move, come awn now...
    Yea and what is the result at WOT?. With a RRFPR you are really using it to set your WOT AFR's.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129116404v1_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	292619  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post

Yea and what is the result at WOT?. With a RRFPR you are really using it to set your WOT AFR's.....
    you do know that the fuel pressure will increase as boost comes in and therefor richen up the ski at WOT ? which is the whole point of it but yes it can still set idel AFRs, i run about 25psi at idle

+1

For what it is worth with basically the same mods I've set a couple skis up at 58 psi and they were perfect. Try the new sensor and see where you are at

+1
    guess i should clarify im running two regulators only one is hooked up for rising rate

+1
    The ski must be warmed up and in the water to set your FP/AFR.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information