Question Help!!! First time!!!!!!!

IF YOU CAN I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT....I HAVE 2011 VXR & SHO I READ SOME MUCH HERE AND THERE ABOUT CHANGING OIL IN THEM.. I AM KIND OF LOST SOMEWHAT,, I TELL YOU WHAT I KNOW AND IF YOU COULD ADD TO IT OR TELL THAT;S NOT HOW!!! 1-WARM THEM UP... HOW LONG??? CAN I DO THAT ON TRAILER ??? IF SO, DO I HAVE TO HOOK WATER TO FLUSH UNIT??? 2- SUCK OIL OUT WITH PUMP[I HAVE ONE] DOWN DIP STICK AND CAP OPEN...ALSO TRAILER NOSE DOWN AS LOW AS I CAN..[OR BACK UP TO HILL] CAN'T GET ALL OF IT OUT I KNOW.... MAKE SURE TO PUT IN THE SAME AS I TOOK OUT...[ARE QT BETTER TO USE THEN GALLONS] I BOUGHT OIL FILTER 69J-3440-01-00 AND ADJUSTABLE OIL WRENCH[seen video for it to get in tight place's] SHO LOOK'S PRETTY TIGHT ANYWAY 3- PUT RAGS OR TOWELS UNDER FILTER[hope not to get oil all over] 4-PUT OIL ON GASKET AND HAND TIGHTEN THEN SNUG IT BY FEEL??? DO YOU TORQUE IT ???[manual say's to torque it] WILL PUTTING ON BY FEEL BE ALL RIGHT????? THEN CHECK IT ....COLD OR HOT???? OR BOTH?? PUTTING IN 4W 10W40 YAMALUBE..IN BOTH OF THEM..THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF.... MAN THE PRICE OF OIL AND FILTER IS CRAZY!!!!! BUT IT BETTER THEN PAYING THOSE SNAKE'S [pwc dealer's ] AGAIN THANK'S FOR YOUR TIME AND INSIGHT......XHAWKXX

+1
    Hey mate ill try and answer some of your questions,warm the ski up on the hose 3 or 4 minutes on the hose on the trailer to the flush point make sure you have decent hose pressure and the is no kinks in the hose.Tilt the trailer nose down i also jack the trailer up under the axel on the left hand side if you look from the rear to the front of the ski.be patient get as much out as you can then let it sit and repump out i did this over a 45minute period and got all the oil out i ant remember how much though think it was close to 3.5 litres or a bit more.oil on the rubber O ring of the filter do it up as tight as you can by hand,check it 2 or 3 times as hard as you can by hand and it will be good (i have done hundres of car filters by hand never had a problem).Dont torque it theres no need.(eat your weetbix that morning).I was told yamalube is crap its biodegradeable wich not good.I used full synthetic motul dirtbike oil made for wet clutch dirtbikes.http://www.motul.com/au/en/products/39
    Its dear but i used it in all my dirtbikes wich were torched on 40degree days and ridden hard with no problems and very little engine wear.
    I used the yamaha filter its dear but i think its the best.Hope this helps

3. +1 by:

+1
    When you're warming it up on the hose, make sure the engine is running when the hose is on. In other words, don't turn the hose on without the engine running (very important).
    CaptainReza's oil change video is for the FX-HO, but it covers the basics, see here...

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    Wow I stopped reading half way through. Anyone else get a headache trying to read it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowerpan View Post
    Wow I stopped reading half way through. Anyone else get a headache trying to read it?
    No but got one reading your complaint...

+1
    The manual for the 1.8L says nothing about warming the engine up first, this is different than the previous engines like the 1052cc MR-1 which needs to be warm in order to read the correct oil level. For the 1.8L you should check it before start-up or after letting it sit for at least 5 minutes.

Anyway, putting in only as much as you took out is the best way, provided the oil level was correct before you started sucking it out. Towels in the hull to catch the oil from the oil filter is a must if you want to keep things clean.

Thread Information