Jumping solenoid

On a 1996 Yamaha gp1200, I can't get it to start from the start button. If I arc between the two terminals on the solenoid, it starts right up. Of course I took it to a shop and the mech move one wire and it started right away. He was just looking. I got home and same problem. The wire he moved was the fuse wire.

I greatly appreciate all help as this is my neighbors jet ski I borrowed and he is blaming me for it. Didn't even get to ride the darn thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkarl View Post
    On a 1996 Yamaha gp1200, I can't get it to start from the start button. If I arc between the two terminals on the solenoid, it starts right up. Of course I took it to a shop and the mech move one wire and it started right away. He was just looking. I got home and same problem. The wire he moved was the fuse wire.

I greatly appreciate all help as this is my neighbors jet ski I borrowed and he is blaming me for it. Didn't even get to ride the darn thing.
    The problem is the fuse holder it self, the connection where the wires attatch to the holder are broken or loose , Best solution is to go to a automotive parts store and get a water proof up dated type fuse holder ( the ones that take the new flat type spade fuses) and replace entire fuse holder assembly. Be sure to use the same amp fuse that is originaly in your ski and keep acouple of spairs on board. Tommy Jordan

Thread Information