Just bought a 2000 slx 1200 could use some insight.

Im just getting back into jet sking after 8 years away. I just picked up a used slx 1200 for $800. Its seems to be in great shape. But it was sitting for 3 years.Now before the kid stored it he had it winterized by a boat dealer ship. So i would think they did everything right. when i went to see it it was still all shrink wraped. the motor turns over there is spark. so im thinking all the fuel lines an carbs will have to be cleaed.It does have that gray fuel line that i have read is not good. Just looking for ideas where to start. Also trim does not seem to work. But thought i read somewhere it has to be running for the trim to work is that true? Thanks for any help yopu can give me.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk,

sounds like you got a good deal there! You are correct, the fuel lines need to be replaced and rebuild the carbs. You are also correct that the trim will only work if the engine is running. How about you post some pictures up of your new toy? we love pictures!

Banned User
    +1
    If you press and hold the bilge button the trim will operate. Definitely open up those carbs and have a look. Make sure all the rubber parts are soft and pliable, no cracking. Be very careful with the little filter on the back side of the jet block. They are very easy to break. Especially check the little o rings on the back side of the seat for the inlet needle. Remove the jet pump and check everything out there. Make sure it spins smoothly, and everything is clean and rust free. Make sure the seals behind the impeller are good. Change the fuel lines, fill with fresh gas and you will have a riot on that ski.
    Last edited by Mr. Matrix; 02-15-2013 at 08:27 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Bake sure it spins smoothly, and everything is clean and rust free. Make sure the seals behind the impeller are food. Change the fuel lines, fill with fresh gas and you will have a riot on that ski.

Hungry?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Bake sure it spins smoothly, and everything is clean and rust free. Make sure the seals behind the impeller are food. Change the fuel lines, fill with fresh gas and you will have a riot on that ski.

Hungry?
    LOL

Thanks guys for the response. Can I use any fuel hose or do I have to get it from polaris?And is it a big job to rebuild the carbs? Thanks for your help. Not sure how to post pics lol

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Hungry?

Very!!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Best place to start learning about your machine, and the common maintenance issues, is right here. Click my signature links, starting with what you should you do first.

ok so got the new fuel line. how do i tell if the fuel pump is working? is there any quick test i can do?

Thread Information