Pro Loc Adapters

I have a stock 97 GP1200 (seems like a lot of us have them !). I am pretty new to the PWC world but am having fun playing around. Between this site and the Riva board I have learned a lot and have been collecting all the recommended bolt ons that you guys typically recommend.

So far I have;

R&D Rideplate (group-k)
    R&D Grate.
    XO Prop
    5 Degree Nozzle
    Tau Ceti Tabs

I also have picked up a Pro Tec Billet F/A but it didn't come with the carb adapters. I pulled the stock air box out today and was suprised to see that the oil injection lines are connected to the box. I realize some of you are going to tell me to ditch the injection but given the realities of where I am riding and my limited access to anything but a public launch ramp it seems like sticking to the injection is a better plan for me. Going back to get mixed gas is really a problem. BTW the line on #1 was really scarey loose....I know...I know..........

Anyway;

1) Does anyone have used Pro loc adapters that they want to sell or can someone tell me which ones I need for the stock carbs and the injection (there are a lot of choices on the Pro Tec site) ? Were is the best place to buy them if no one has used ones ?

2) What type of tubing is used for the injection ? I have access to a lot of tubings at work, just need to know what is compatable with the oil. Polyurethane, Tygon, Vinyl, FEP..................

3) I think I will put a primer kit on the carbs since I have things apart, I am reading conflicting viewpoints on if jetting or carb tuning needs to be changes once the F/A and the primers are installed. If I wanted to send my carbs to someone for a simple cleanup/rebuild and have them tuned who would you recommend ? The engine is stock. What would this cost ?

4) Does anyone have a higher compression head that still runs on 91 octane that they want to sell (modified stock or aftermarket) ? Do any of the "big name" aftermarket guys still MOD a stock head for this ski ?

Still Learning but having a blast.

Thanks.

Dan

+1
    I answered a few not sure on the injection line I would think The Tygon would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slaw View Post
    I have a stock 97 GP1200 (seems like a lot of us have them !). I am pretty new to the PWC world but am having fun playing around. Between this site and the Riva board I have learned a lot and have been collecting all the recommended bolt ons that you guys typically recommend.

So far I have;

R&D Rideplate (group-k)
    R&D Grate.
    XO Prop
    5 Degree Nozzle
    Tau Ceti Tabs

I also have picked up a Pro Tec Billet F/A but it didn't come with the carb adapters. I pulled the stock air box out today and was suprised to see that the oil injection lines are connected to the box. I realize some of you are going to tell me to ditch the injection but given the realities of where I am riding and my limited access to anything but a public launch ramp it seems like sticking to the injection is a better plan for me. Going back to get mixed gas is really a problem. BTW the line on #1 was really scarey loose....I know...I know..........

Anyway;

1) Does anyone have used Pro loc adapters that they want to sell or can someone tell me which ones I need for the stock carbs and the injection (there are a lot of choices on the Pro Tec site) ? Were is the best place to buy them if no one has used ones ?I have some Pro-Tec Moflow adapters There are many choices but don't get confused ProLoc is for R&D only

2) What type of tubing is used for the injection ? I have access to a lot of tubings at work, just need to know what is compatable with the oil. Polyurethane, Tygon, Vinyl, FEP..................

3) I think I will put a primer kit on the carbs since I have things apart, I am reading conflicting viewpoints on if jetting or carb tuning needs to be changes once the F/A and the primers are installed. If I wanted to send my carbs to someone for a simple cleanup/rebuild and have them tuned who would you recommend ? The engine is stock. What would this cost ? You do not need to change jetting for F/A's Island, Jet Ski solutions there are many good places to rework your carbs or just get the mikuni manual from this site and do it yourself it is simple

4) Does anyone have a higher compression head that still runs on 91 octane that they want to sell (modified stock or aftermarket) ? Do any of the "big name" aftermarket guys still MOD a stock head for this ski ?
    I have a Pro Tec one piece head 91 octane safe just reworked from Pro Tec I also have a Group K modified Head freshly done I can't decide which one to put back in my ski

Still Learning but having a blast.

Thanks.

Dan

>>ProLoc is for R&D only

I think I misspoke, I have the Blue Anodized R&D Power Plenum and am looking for the proloc adapters for the stock carbs. Told you I was new....

Thanks for the reply.

Dan

+1
    Slaw R&D made two types of connections one had a rubber ridge almost like an O-ring inside the other is a slip on straight hole so to speak check and make sure which one you have. Makes life easier if you have the slip on type easier to find adapters. Most people who opt to keep the oil injection will get adapters with hose barbs installed for the oil injection lines or they will use the press in style like you would when you remove the choke plate and install primers. Learning is the most fun of doing this stuff before you know it your hooked and your life will never be the same

Welcome you are in the right place!!!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Best bet would be to ditch the choke for a primer and run 2 barbs per carb rather than 1 barb and 1 plug. 1 side for the primer, 1 for the oil.

I have the blue anodized flame arrestor from R&D with the pro-lock too. What I ended up doing was acually taking my dremel tool and grinding away the rubber ridge on the flame arrestor. I had to do this because my buckshot carbs wouldn't be able to us the pro-lock adapters from R&D. In the end it came out great! I can show you pictures if you want too.

Addicted, I thought the same thing !! Where should I get the primer kit ?

I've got pro-loc adapters....e-mail me an offer.
    Mike

Thread Information