Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 Genesis i (fuel injected) in Adelaide, Australia

Hi all, my name is Shannon and im from Adelaide in Australia and i have a genesis 135i 2004 model. i have just come accross your site your site and think fantastic finally someone to talk to regarding these skis. what are some mods in which i can do to this thing to make it go harder, it was running a bit shit down low when just cruising around so i have recently just changed the throttle sensor as i was told that this could be a common issue, is this correct.?

not sure how to put the picture up but it is on my profile. Also i was wondering what a good oil is to be running, as i am currently running Gulf Western, and will be taking it out in about 4 weeks for a run so i guess i would like to sort out everything before i go. Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Moved to a new thread to avoid hijacking the old one.

See my signature links for some useful info.

Is this machine new to you?

Sorry to keep asking questions but what sort of compressions should i be getting from the cylinders, as just before christmas i was getting 125 / 120 / 125 psi is this ok.

pretty much new to me as i have only had it in the water a couple of times.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Adams View Post
    Sorry to keep asking questions but what sort of compressions should i be getting from the cylinders, as just before christmas i was getting 125 / 120 / 125 psi is this ok.
    That compression is in the right range.

The real tell is to monitor what RPM you are seeing sustained at wide open throttle, at speed, in the water. A healthy engine will be turning right around 6700RPM, depending on air temperature and such. If you are getting near 6700 RPM then the engine is putting out the expected power.

+1
    pretty much new to me as i have only had it in the water a couple of times.
    Well, the best advice is to take some time and really go through the machine from end to end.

See my signature links for common things to check and maintain.

As an example, is the through-hull seal assembly due for a refresh? New seals, perhaps new bushings?

Has the drive shaft been greased in the splines?

Inspect the jet pump bearings, perhaps rebuild with new bearings and seals.

+1
    Hi all, my name is Shannon and im from Adelaide in Australia and i have a genesis 135i 2004 model. i have just come accross your site your site and think fantastic finally someone to talk to regarding these skis. what are some mods in which i can do to this thing to make it go harder, it was running a bit shit down low when just cruising around so i have recently just changed the throttle sensor as i was told that this could be a common issue, is this correct.?
    Hi Shannon welcome to the hulk. There's not a lot you can do in terms of performance upgrades for these DI machines, but if you maintain it well it should run trouble free for you. I don't know what a Genesis I should go like down low, but it is the heaviest of all Polaris hulls so I wouldn't expect it to blast out of the water so to speak. You may have some cavitation issues, check the clearance between your impeller and jet pump ring with a feeler gauge you could have some wear problems. Also check your jet pump it has 6 vanes and may be chopped up - as well as the impeller blades.

Your comps look fine, that Gulf Western Oil is crap don't use it. Instead, go into Super cheap auto and get the Nulon fully synthetic PWC oil, I have been using it for a while its almost smoke free - costs about $90 for 4 litres so it ain't cheap (which some may wonder why it's sold at super cheap).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by urugol View Post
    ... that Gulf Western Oil is crap don't use it. ... get the Nulon fully synthetic PWC oil ... costs about $90 for 4 litres so it ain't cheap ...

Is that correct, you are really paying $22.50 $AUD per litre for good 2-stroke oil?

Wow, that is roughly double the price of high grade 2-stroke oil in the US.

+1
    Living in the best country in the world comes at a price

And yes, it is ridiculous especially when you consider our currency is stronger than USA. Guess how much a new tps for my MSX is here? $440 AUD. I could go on......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information