Thread: Jet Ski Dyno

Jet Ski Dyno

Anyone ever used one of these dyno's or seen one in action? How can it give a true HP and Torque # when it is measuring off of thrust of the water?
    Seems to me an impeller change would change the thrust #s therefore giving inaccurate HP and Torque readings.
    http://www.land-and-sea.com/pwc-dyno/pwc-dyno.htm

$5000 for the whole setup, it better work! When it says 200+ Hp* capacity, I wonder how much + there is? I dont know if the HP #s would be 100% accurate when compared to a regular dyno, but I think it would be a GREAT tuning tool. The baseline might not be the same as another but you could definatly see the effects diferent tuning made. If I was in the PWC business I could see myself getting one.

PS, I dont think it measures water thrust, in fact it dont sit in water at all. The plate that replaces the nozzle has a torque arm that basicly goes between the blades of the prop and gets spun, then the back pressure is controled by the absorbtion brake and the water hose pressure in the plate. From what I gather.
    Last edited by porksword; 02-18-2007 at 08:44 PM.

land and sea has been around a very long time im sure that ad was made before the factorys were 100+hp look in the pics its a 93 kawis sx,93 yami blaster, 93 pol sl750... just a old ad im sure they are accurate
    jason

Quote Originally Posted by vomitspot View Post
    land and sea has been around a very long time im sure that ad was made before the factorys were 100+hp look in the pics its a 93 kawis sx,93 yami blaster, 93 pol sl750... just a old ad im sure they are accurate
    jason
    Land and Sea even produced a Turbo for 2 stroke Outboards at one time,and they've been doing dyno's for a long time!

Thread Information