Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ecu

Ecu

Hey everyone I'm looking for an ecu for a rxp 06 does anyone know which one is good that opens up the rpms good cuz I'm looking to swap the sc for a x charger and go adding fuel parts to get speed lil by lil I think right now I'm doing like 8130 or w.e they come from factory. Any information would be helpful thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod324 View Post
    Hey everyone I'm looking for an ecu for a rxp 06 does anyone know which one is good that opens up the rpms good cuz I'm looking to swap the sc for a x charger and go adding fuel parts to get speed lil by lil I think right now I'm doing like 8130 or w.e they come from factory. Any information would be helpful thanks
    Unless you want to run over 65 degC intake temps (Temperate climate), you will have to think about possibly doing intercooler mods.
    The stock intercoolers (215) I've logged on stock skis or tuned skis very often see over 55 degC intake temps...

Vtech provide you a DIY style tuning solution with provided maps.
    You may want to monitor your AFR's aswell. (Very handy)

You can also get auto tuners that change the pulse width of injectors, but there is no benefits in timing advance with these solutions.

Your other options are replacement ecus like from RIVA or RND etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GasResearch-VT.SE View Post
    Unless you want to run over 65 degC intake temps (Temperate climate), you will have to think about possibly doing intercooler mods.
    The stock intercoolers (215) I've logged on stock skis or tuned skis very often see over 55 degC intake temps...

Vtech provide you a DIY style tuning solution with provided maps.
    You may want to monitor your AFR's aswell. (Very handy)

You can also get auto tuners that change the pulse width of injectors, but there is no benefits in timing advance with these solutions.

Your other options are replacement ecus like from RIVA or RND etc.

Yuh i was planning to do an IC setup lil down the line just looking to throw in the x charger or maybe just the next sc wheel which i think is the et137 wheel which ill be spinning more rpms so ill need more rpms reauiring me to upgrade the ecu im just looking to hit 8800-8900 cuz i think 9k or higher will be too much...

+1
    Yuh i was planning to do an IC setup lil down the line just looking to throw in the x charger or maybe just the next sc wheel which i think is the et137 wheel which ill be spinning more rpms so ill need more rpms reauiring me to upgrade the ecu im just looking to hit 8800-8900 cuz i think 9k or higher will be too much...
    You're planning on destroying your engine? You should do some reading on this forum. Don't even think about a 137 wheel until you run an external IC and a proper FPR.

Don't even think about running past your factory limiter unless you have upgraded your springs. Even then I don't think factory valves were made for anything like 8900.

How many hours do you have on the ski and is it a factory SC?

Do you even know if you have bad valves in your head? Have you looked at your stems? You gotta slow down and take care of other items first.

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    You're planning on destroying your engine? You should do some reading on this forum. Don't even think about a 137 wheel until you run an external IC and a proper FPR.

Don't even think about running past your factory limiter unless you have upgraded your springs. Even then I don't think factory valves were made for anything like 8900.

Do you even know if you have bad valves in your head? Have you looked at your stems? You gotta slow down and take care of other items first.

Yuh the sc is from factory and it has 96 hrs on it... An I have not taken a look at the stem or valves... I read tho that you only put upgraded valves and retainers etc if your gonna boost heavy lbs I just wanted to update the wheel to a stage 2 (on the same sc just lil more boost and power with more rpms from the ecu and I read that you can run on a stock IC just when you pass I think 16lbs then you gotta put the IC (maybe I read wrong)

+1

Yuh the sc is from factory and it has 96 hrs on it... An I have not taken a look at the stem or valves... I read tho that you only put upgraded valves and retainers etc if your gonna boost heavy lbs I just wanted to update the wheel to a stage 2 (on the same sc just lil more boost and power with more rpms from the ecu and I read that you can run on a stock IC just when you pass I think 16lbs then you gotta put the IC (maybe I read wrong)
    read this http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169011

the stock IC might weigh 16lbs with water lol but it's only good with the stock 215 charger and even then it's not "good". Do yourself a favor and just completely forget about the computer until you swap the supercharger washers/replace the charger, replace the IC and learn how to setup and monitor your sled. They are VERY tough engines but certain things can wipe them out very fast such as bad valves, bad SC washers, over revving a stock valve train, improper fueling etc...

Yuh the guy I bought it from already did all that to the sc only thing I'm missing then is the IC I guess... Any suggestions as to which one to run thats reasonable? And by monitoring my ski you mean afr/fpr? After I get the IC I can spin more rpms safely? Or do I need to adjust my hull so there's no humidity build up (which is what I got from the thread you forwarded me...?)

read this http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169011

the stock IC might weigh 16lbs with water lol but it's only good with the stock 215 charger and even then it's not "good". Do yourself a favor and just completely forget about the computer until you swap the supercharger washers/replace the charger, replace the IC and learn how to setup and monitor your sled. They are VERY tough engines but certain things can wipe them out very fast such as bad valves, bad SC washers, over revving a stock valve train, improper fueling etc...
    Yea the guy I bought it from already had all that done to the sc so all I'm missing is the IC. By monitor do you mean afr/fpr? And in order for my valves to last longer I need to adjust my hull setup by making sure no humors builds up in there? (From what I read)

+1
    Go buy one..
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Go buy one..
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/
    Do you guys know if you can put some rxpx parts on a rpx (i.e afr/rrfpr gauges and stuff like that not actual parts)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information