Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1

Max's South Alabama Coastal Tour Continued

So far we have a few people ready to ride down on the southern coastal area of Alabama. For the first run we are shooting for March 15-17, 2013.
    There are a lot of possible routes from 50+ mile loops to all day rides across bays, down the ICW to Pensacola, Fl and back. Depending on Mother Nature in March, anything is possible. There are numerous hotels/motels in the area of Theodore, Alabama which is the starting area in general. Also, there are places to stay all along the Alabama coast if you like to stay on the Gulf of Mexico.
    All this is up for open discussion. My goal is to get a few folks out for a ride and make some new friends that enjoy the same sport of PWC.
    I have a short list of potential riders, so please add your names if you are interested . I will edit this thread and see how many we can get to go. Lots of potential riding here guys.
    Some are maybe show....but make it if you can. GH members showing interest are :

ME,,,,Maxadrenaline---All good
    Last edited by maxadrenaline; 08-11-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added names

+1
    More info...
    The hotels are off of exit 15 in Alabama which is Hwy 90, actually Tillmans Corner.
    That is about 2hrs east of Slidell, LA down I-10. Meeting place would be of general agreement, which I am thinking is close to one of the hotels because there are numerous large parking lots close to that area. Not to mention Hooter's is right there.
    Riding would be a mix of salt water open bays and brackish rivers. For those of you that may not be local, you can wash and flush your ski at my house if you want to do that. Don't expect a lot of twisty riding of rivers, because most of this would be open waters and intercoastal waterway. A great place for speed freaks that want to run wide open and blow the soot out of your ride.
    A beautiful tour of sand beaches, plenty of places to stop and talk, fuel stops along the way and don't forget Lulu's (Jimmy Buffets sister) has a nice tourist trap along the way. That is a must see marina with good food (kinda pricey) and fuel.
    I am sure a couple of the local guys have a few ideas and riding spots to check out also.
    I plan to make a "pre-run" in my boat in the next week or so in order to get a gps track that I can post up and put it on Billy's PWC trailfinder web site.
    Chuck

+1
    i wont be able to stay at a hotel or any thing so i might just can ride with yall for a day or so or we could camp out some where

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbayou View Post
    i wont be able to stay at a hotel or any thing so i might just can ride with yall for a day or so or we could camp out some where
    If u are in Fairhope, you could just meet us at the determined launch and then go home. Come back next day or we can work it out. No worries. Hotel info is by choice. Not mandatory.

+1
    HOOTERS !!! You didn't say anything about that last week.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    HOOTERS !!! You didn't say anything about that last week.
    AND,,,,don't forget spring break is coming up !!

Chuck, my rig is set up for fishing with a rack and 98qt cooler, so if anybody wants to bring lunches or drinks for on the road snacks, they can just toss them in there. Non alcoholic drinks, of course. Just got my new GPS setup as well so looking forward to breaking it in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JROBSON View Post
    Chuck, my rig is set up for fishing with a rack and 98qt cooler, so if anybody wants to bring lunches or drinks for on the road snacks, they can just toss them in there. Non alcoholic drinks, of course. Just got my new GPS setup as well so looking forward to breaking it in.
    Nice setup. 98qt ? That's bigger than the one in my boat. We could stay out for days with that cooler...lol
    On another note....I have been wanting to camp down on the Ft. Morgan peninsula for years. That would be a must do at some point this year. I would bring my boat, tent, etc. Be nice to plan a trip like that for a willing group.

I wonder how my 99 gp1200 would do on gas lol. Guess I could strap a couple extra jugs to it somehow lol. I havent rode it enough to know the range but I hear these drink gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gp12xx View Post
    I wonder how my 99 gp1200 would do on gas lol. Guess I could strap a couple extra jugs to it somehow lol. I havent rode it enough to know the range but I hear these drink gas.
    The trips i have in mind you should be fine. We won't leave you stranded. Cruising speeds the 1200 will make it.
    Chuck

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information