1999 Polaris Gen FI code 17 ?

I have a 1999 Polaris Gen Fitch FI , When first started runs great but shortly after wont idle. I get check engine light. I made the code reader using the led light and get a code 17. Low voltage. I replace stator and still get error code. Any ideas . Please Help I have also sent emm to Dfi and they say it is good. Can it be the battery?

Banned User
    +1
    Did you check the flywheel magnets when you had it apart? Check your connectors. Could possibly be the large capacitor as well

New Flywheel installed , Can the capacitor be checked or just replace it?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Has the TPS been replaced? I would want a known good TPS in there before I went digging elsewhere.

You can get low voltage codes when the engine is dying (losing RPM below normal idle RPM) even when the problem is something else.

Make sure the TPS connections are 100% clean and grease free. Only dielectric grease on a TPS connection should be on the thin rubber seal, not on the metal pins.

Also check the actual TPS connector wires for possible internal wire breaks or poor connections. The TPS and related wiring is subject to heavy engine vibration and can fail.

Thanks, New TPS was installed. I will check connection . I was thinking of using Electrical contact cleaner on all the connections and reapplying the dielectric grease. Has anyone done this or am I asking for more problems?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz man View Post
    ... I was thinking of using Electrical contact cleaner on all the connections and reapplying the dielectric grease. Has anyone done this or am I asking for more problems?
    I often use a contact cleaner chemical on the metal pins and sockets inside the connectors. I always use a NON-RESIDUE type contact cleaner.

The dielectric grease for the TPS connector goes ONLY on the rubber ring seal (and only a very thin film). Do not put anything on the actual pins in the TPS connector.

Thread Information